The ones I have been shooting in Arizona are almost the same color as mourning doves, but without the rosy breast. After observing them a few times, along with White Wings and Mourning Doves, it is pretty easy to pick them out. Slower wing beat, about twice the size of Mourning doves, a very light gray color from below. Something else we don't quite understand yet, they seem to be late sleepers where we hunt as they don't seem to show up until we have already limited out on the other doves. Taste the same as the other two. They are now starting to build up in my neighborhood and soon there will be enough to use my bedroom door blind and a very quite pellet gun to collect a few for the table year round. I use the same blind to hold down the pigeon population in the neighborhood. Haven't heard how they interact with White Wings and Mourning Dove populations but they eat the same food and the game biologist told us in AZ 6 clutches per year will be pretty normal. The grain farmers that think the White Wings are a plague will certainly think these are an epidemic eventually. Their flight is not as erratic as Mourning Doves so my average on them is actually pretty darned good.