Originally Posted By: CBL1
Some great input here - thank you. I use fibre wads for virtually all of my shooting so less of a concern there.

As regards Teague or Briley choking, I may well be mistaken here, but have always been wary of these options as I thought they required some significant lapping out of barrel thickness to accommodate them and/or the incorporation of screw threads in the end of the barrel?? Not something I am keen on doing to a lovely set of old Damascus barrels, especially on a waterfowling gun?

I would also be wary of threading Damascus barrels. Mike Orlen told me that it was not a good idea, IHO. The steel is too soft and the composition too variable to trust fine threading. That makes perfect sense to me. I would not hesitate to jug choke one, though, assuming wall thickness was adequate. Pressure is pretty low at the muzzle, anyway. Read what you can by V. M. Starr about it. I also have an article saved on making a simple jug choking tool for DIY'ers. I'd be happy to email a copy to anyone who sends me a direct e-mail. My address is in my profile. Don't waste time with PMs.

> Jim Legg <