Greg, what you say might be true if you pull up the inventory from a specific store that's a little slow in managing its own website. However, if you pull up the general categories in which this group has the greatest interest (American/English/European shotguns), it looks like you might have left out a decimal point. Fewer than 1 in 10 marked "sale pending"; probably more like 1 in 15. I've seen other dealers specializing in doubles with a much higher percentage of "sold" or "sale pending" on their lists.

I also like Cabela's. That being said, since I have to drive 2 hours to get to their closest store, I always call in advance to make sure someone I've dealt with previously will be working. The GL's where I've bought all have at least one guy who's reasonably sharp on doubles. They might not stand out as experts in this crowd, but then some of us aren't all that good on, say, Winchester levers or Colt SAA's--and they deal in those as well. If you're working for Tony Galazan, your doublegun knowledge ought to be deeper, but you don't need to know much about other guns.