JUST FYI, HERE'S A QUOTE FROM NORTH FORK BULLETS THAT PUT MY MIND AT EASE REGARDING SOLIDS AND CALIFORNIA HUNTING (not yelling, just setting apart from the quote):

"Todd,
I'll gladly try to answer your questions.

First off, we manufacture flat and cup point solids that are all copper for most double rifle calibers. The flat and cup points bullets are registered with the State of California as lead free so they are legal to use for hunting in the lead free zones.

Next to try and answer your question is it safe to use North Fork Solids in double rifles, the answer is yes for "modern" double rifles and maybe for older double rifles. I'll explain the "problem" with some bullet designs and how they can cause issues in older double rifles. A solid copper (or any mono metal bullet) or thick jacketed bullet does not compress much when going through rifling compared to a thin jacketed bullet. In old doubles in particular there was a lot of variation from maker to maker as to the actual diameter of the rifling and the thickness of the walls of the barrels. I have heard stories of some mono metal (touch jacketed) bullets causing damage to the barrels or solder joint of old double rifles. With new double rifles, there are much better standards that everyone adheres to which helps to minimize the risk of sending a large "non-compressible" slug through a too small diameter bore. All North Fork solid bullets are what you would call a bore riding design. What this means is that the only portion of our bullet that contacts the rifling is our bands. The rifling actually never touches the "solid" copper section of the bullet and only the compressible bands. We are the only US manufacture that I know of that manufactures mono metal bullets in this manner. Before shooting our solids in an old double rifle, it is best to slug the bores and make sure you know exactly the diameter of the bores and get it checked out by a qualified gunsmith prior to shooting modern bullets in them.

I hope this answers your questions. Please feel free to ask more if needed.

Regards,
Franz Jurva
North Fork Technologies
PO Box 850
Philomath, OR 97370
(541) 929-4016; Fax: (541) 929-4424
http://www.northforkbullets.com"