Well, Sharpsrifle,
First of all, you are either a a union rep for the NEA, or have swallowed the nonsense frequently spewed out in the newspapers or on TV. Most of what you have written is NOT true in any of the major cities or even in major states. Certainly not true in Chicago!
Also not true is that I was "bad mouthing or making fun of teachers". I didn't even say they were OVERpaid. I said they are not UNDERpaid. I also did not go to school in Utah. I went to school in Chicago in the 40's and had no interest or knowledge of teacher's pay in Chicago at that time. I went to school in Western KY from 45 through 1953 and do know that teachers there were underpaid, at that time. Underpaid teachers, relative to general wages where they live, are pretty much a myth perpetuated by teacher's unions and the press. The myth continues unchallenged because most people are ignorant of the facts in 2006 and wouldn't dare question the stories because it's a sacred cow topic: all nurses are stressed out and all teachers are underpaid. What I've stated is not "my ideas", they are facts. Merry Christmas.

Last edited by Jim Legg; 12/23/06 06:35 PM.

> Jim Legg <