June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
2 members (Edm1, Reidy), 266 guests, and 12 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,572
Posts546,459
Members14,424
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

If it was my gun, I'd get a slip on leather pad (either the Velcro tab or laceup) and if I needed more length I'd add a shim to get me what I needed. The good leather slip on's are not unattractive and perfectly acceptable in polite company, the foregoing does not extend to rubber recoil pad boots. I have so very rarely seen a butt graph that doesn't look like what it is, but I have seen very attractive leather slip on pads that didn't require an explanation or excuse. Besides the leather pad shoulders well. When you sell or trade the gun you have not mucked up it's value, and you can keep the pad.

Sidelock
Sidelock

What Mike said,Pachmayer makes a sporting clays type slip over leather pad with velcro buckle.You could "shim" it to length by adding leather strips between the wood butt and pad.

SIXSKB Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I have a leather slip-on pad that I used on another gun before I put a leather covered pad on it to lengthen the LOP. It may work but I didn't think I could get another 5/8" shim in there. Worth a look see.

SIXSKB Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I have a leather slip-on pad that I used on another gun before I put a leather covered pad on it to lengthen the LOP. It may work but I didn't think I could get another 5/8" shim in there. Worth a look see.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I took one of the Galco leather slip on pads with Velcro and cut and fit a 1/2 inch piece of pine to go between the stock and the inside of the pad. It works and I think I could have used a 3/4 inch piece of wood as well.

Regards. Gordon

Our Dogs make our lives better
Sidelock
Sidelock

SIXSB, let me say the obvious, those leather slip on pads, Galco,Packmayer, etc., come in various sizes, if the one you have doesn't fit, look for a larger one or borrow one from someone. I use a large size one with velcro for a cheap stock fitting aid and add shims, such a wood or dense rubber, until I get the right length, then it is off to the grind to fit guy for a permenant pad or a dedicated slip on.

SIXSKB Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks for the responses, been busy Grouse hunting.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.