For about 15 years I was securities licensed, Series 6, 63 & 26. and I encouraged folks along with myself to invest heavily in mutual funds and insurance. I finally figured out that doing so was a lot like going to Las Vegas except you didn't get free drinks, a suite and a floor show.

I have bought and sold land and guns over 50 years and to this day I have never lost one dime in either. No, some property & some guns don't appreciate in value as rapidly as do some investments but then they don't have the downside risk of losing value either. Antique and Exotic Cars, Boats, Airplanes, Race Horses and such are playthings and most of the times should not be looked on as investments but rather large holes into which to throw money.

As was previously stated by Ed, original condition along with rarity is everything be it a Stevens 311 or an A-1 Special or anything in between. Buying with cash and seeking out the bargain will keep you in the game for the long haul. The workmanship and the friends that are made are really the priceless elements to be had.

Just My Humble Opinion......George

To see my guns go to www.mylandco.com Select "SPORTING GUNS " My E-Mail palmettotreasure@aol.com