May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (Ken Nelson, LGF, 1 invisible), 263 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,563
Posts546,367
Members14,423
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Brian Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I have wanted a CSM Fox 20 ga. CE for a long time. I have looked and looked and very rarely have I seen a used CSM Fox available.
IMHO, this speaks highly of the guns and their quality manufacture. Even though there arent that many, the fraction of a per centage that are on the used market must mean a lot of highly satisfied customers.You see a fair amount of used CSM 21's, Parker Repros, etc out there for sale. but darn few CSM Foxes.
Can anyone offer an opinion or judgement as to hwy they think this is?. I have handled some but never hunted or shot one.

Just seems unusual that they are so conspicuous in their absence. Speaks volumes dont you think?

Last edited by Brian; 05/04/09 03:28 PM.

Brian
LTC, USA Ret.
NRA Patron Member
AHFGCA Life Member
USPSA Life Member

Sidelock
Sidelock

Brian, I just think there are fewer of them than the others you mention. I know where one is now but I can't talk about it. It's my dream gun, almost the way I would order one. I'm just kind of laying low, waiting for the price to go down. Murphy

Sidelock
Sidelock

Brian, I had a XE 20 it was a very fine gun but the only thing that I didn't like was the newness so I sold it. It sold the day the add came out and it was not a give away price. So I'm going to have to agree with you, these just may be the finest guns in the world...

tim

Sidelock
Sidelock

I believe the reason they are seldom encountered on the secondary market is because they are a custom-built gun to the whims and wants of the purchaser. This purchaser ordered his dream gun to his specs just the way he wanted it, probably had to wait close to a year for it to be completed and therefore is reluctant to part with it. If you had ordered one custom-built to your specs, would you want to sell it?...probably not. CSMC Foxes have only been around for what--15 years or so? Their owners will eventually pass on and then they'll become available. Until then you can continue your search for a CSMC 20-CE---which, as you know, is like finding a needle in a hay stack, or you could order one new from Tony or you can create your own custom from an original Fox by upgrading.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I see them all the time in auctions such as Julia's.

Brian Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

what kind of prices have you seen them realize?? is there much of a reduction off of retail when they hit the used market.
what have you seen the standard CE's go for? Including the vig.
Curious as to how they hold their value in the used gun market.

Last edited by Brian; 05/04/09 04:24 PM.

Brian
LTC, USA Ret.
NRA Patron Member
AHFGCA Life Member
USPSA Life Member

Sidelock
Sidelock

Brian I bought my CSMC XE new in 1998. It has seen much use as my go to upland hunting gun. I bought it to use and it has been with me on many trips. I just wanted a Fox made for me to my specifications. I specified special engraving in that it has grouse in flight on one side panel and mallard ducks in flight on the other panel. As you know I love the vintage Fox guns but I like my CSMC Fox just as much. I bought mine for $12.5k in 1998, the current price as I have mine configured would be $18k. Will I get my money out of the gun, who knows. Maybe my son will find out some day. Bottom line they are beautiful guns in my opinion.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Brian,
there was only one CSM at the Julia Spring auction,it was a FE 28ga w/26 in Krupp barrels (Lot 1396),it sold for 19550 (including the vig) against a est of 17500-25000.

I think the main reason you don't see many is most of the guys that buy them have enough money that they don't "have" to sell them.New,they keep going up in price so no reason to sell.

Keep Safe and thank you for all you do for this country,
Dave

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Brian, there were 12,000+ Parker Repros produced, just counting the standard DHE's in 12-20-28. I'd guess there have not been 1,000 CSMC Foxes made. But you certainly have good taste! I've been very impressed by the few I've seen.

Stay safe, and hope you're home soon.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The CMSC Foxs I have seen have been stunning. But they are pricey and I doubt that they would bring near what they cost new in the secondary market. I agree with what others have posted. Most who can afford them can also afford to keep them and not take a loss. RCC

R. Craig Clark
jakearoo(at)cox.net
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.