Actually I concur with you analysis of the info and pics you note from Mr. Cate’s book and I for one couldn’t begin to make the call. If the term “Sauer Daly” is taboo, I’d be glad to delete the term from this thread but my inquiry was an attempt to gain info on Charles Daly tube steel types and any info from the taboo “Sauer Daly” longarms may be a moot point due to the fact that a Sauer produced longarm will have Krupp steel tubes, although a deviation may exist. Knowing which facilities/makers had the means to manufacture tubes along with any tube maker’s stamps on the tube might lead one back to the maker/source. Sempert & Krieghoff(Ludwig, Sr.) offered Roechling steel tubes, as did Merkel, and were possibly the only game in town for Roechling. Heinrich Krieghoff, Ludwig’s 2nd son, left S.&K. in 1916 to hang out his own shingle and by 1919 either completed the purchase of Val. Chr. Schilling’s(Albert, Moritz & Walter) tooling or purchased Schilling’s tooling. WWI had ended and so did H.A. Lindner’s handi-work. I’m sure his network fell to the wayside and someone at S, D & G along with a contact in Suhl had to keep it together. Lugwig Krieghoff, Sr. expired in 1924 and Heinrich Krieghoff brought S.& K. under his gun making umbrella but Sempert & Krieghoff/Krieghoff-Waffen may have continued until at least 10.10.1925 as per a catalogue. Schuler and S. & K. had a relationship earlier as Schuler sourced his Mauser’s from S. & K. and could have easily sourced tubes from S.&K. or Krieghoff-Waffen.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

Last edited by ellenbr; 03/02/09 10:30 PM.