June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
3 members (limapapa, DaveB, Argo44), 282 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,600
Posts546,866
Members14,425
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I came across some of Mr. Hill's wonderful writing the other day.In one piece he mentions owning a hammergun made by H.J. Hussey.

Does anyone know anything about this gun?

Is Mr Hill still around? If he is, I would like to contact him about this gun.

If he isn't, does anyone know what happened to his Hussey?

Thanks

OWD

Good Gun Alerts & more:

www.DogsandDoubles.com
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mr. Hill has passed on....he was a great writer and has given me many a chuckle. I have no idea the location of his Hussey. The story about smuggling newly acquired guns into his house hidden in a rolled up old carpet brings a smile to my face each and every time I think of it.
Steve

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

I believe, not sure, that Mr. Hills Hussey is owned by a chap living somewhere in the great state of Kansas.......Next time you are over Steve, maybe you can visit it...

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

LD-

Have you seen the gun?

I'm interested in it because I've never seen or heard of another H.J. Hussey hammergun.

H.J. Hussey made some beautiful guns. I'm sure this one is very nice and I would love to learn more about it.

Thanks for the replies.

OWD

Good Gun Alerts & more:

www.DogsandDoubles.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

OWD, sent you an email.........

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Got it. Thanks.

Enjoy those roosters.

OWD

Good Gun Alerts & more:

www.DogsandDoubles.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hill was president of the Philadelphia Gun Club for several years before his death. Was just there shooting pigeons over the weekend and talked to some of the members who knew him. He must have been quite a guy, I love his work.

Destry

Out there at the crossroads molding the devil's bullets. - Tom Waits
Sidelock
Sidelock

I hadn't thought of this for years, but my great uncle George Bryant collected single shot rifles in the DC area in the 60s. He converted his old basement coal chute into a padded gun ramp. He would come in at night, open the hatch and slide in the latest treasure. My aunt never discovered the hidden path.

I just use the same cases, only the contents change.
Joe

Sidelock
Sidelock

I smuggled my newest Parker into the house last night....I just waited until my wife fell asleep then I went out and got it from the trunk of the car.

The beauty of having a bunch of guns is she doesn't recognize a new one in the safe.

Sidelock
Sidelock

OWD,
I'm a bit jealous - finding Gene Hill's writing for the first time! His essays are like a DiMaggio running catch, so smooth and simple one thinks it must be easy to write in that style.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.