A guy who would get his skin caught in closing a Darne would be the same guy who got his dong caught in his fly, as well. At that point, his mum would install velcro where his zipper used to be, and all would be well. All would be well that is, as long as he was your hunting partner, not mine.
Leaving the key just out of battery on a Darne is quite comfortable for field carry, and one can avoid using the left mounted safety entirely if that is what they wish. Explaining that fact to the guy with the velcro fly is likely a waste of perfectly good breath, however.
The big problem, is finding a used Darne that fits. And, that is a big problem, since they don't take well to bending the stock (there is a steel rod down the middle of the wrist).
Most gunsmithing that takes place on Darnes is to correct amatuer gunsmithing attempted previously. No need to discuss rejointing, or safe damascus wall thickness is needed. A good idea, is just that, regardless of what country it comes from.
I thought the Irish girls were prettier and more friendly than either the French or English girls I met, but, the Colombian ladies had them all beat, hands down.
I've got a Darne, and a Colombian wife. The Darne introduced me to hunting birds with a lightweight, durable, and, mostly, idiot proof design (see above, idiots have a certain ingenuity about them) and my wife introduced me to just how well a South American woman looked in a Brazilian cut bikini.
Eat your heart out.
Best,
Ted