Whitey,

Did Frank M. ever get back to you with the detail pics of the securing devices on his 'take-apart' rifle? It's going to be really interesting to see just how the front bbl lug and the rear action 'latch'[?] work together, without the recoil lug being thru-bolted.

The recoil shoulder in the wood is inletted neatly, in order to provide a tight and even bearing surface for it's purpose. That arrangement brings into question theories which I have always taken as graven TRVTH, about the firing harmonics of bedding, bbl and action. ;~`)

At least in the referred to link, take-apart details it's possible to see that the magazine assembly appears to be fitted with a mount that screws to the flat action bottom. It also appears that the tang in not thru-drilled and tapped? As well, the pop-up peep or "vision concentrating" device, that is inletted into the top of pistol grip behind the tang, apparently stays in situ when the bbl'd action is removed?

I haven't had so much fun 'finding out' about an unknown gun -- to me, in years. If you can get Frank M. to put up his detail photos here, that would be truly nifty. Keep us posted, pliz.

Last edited by JohnM; 01/04/09 01:33 PM.

Relax; we're all experts here.