Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#126875 12/20/08 12:59 PM
Sliver Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I had an unfair experience with a dealer.
I have bought guns that had problems that were not mentioned in the description. I took it as if it was my fault. I did not ask all appropriate questions.
THis time I was lied right in the face. Even when asked all questions of interest for me I was hidden the truth. The gun was misrepresented. It was returned, but it cost me the shipping and the hassle.
I don't make a fuss about misleading as it seems the rule of the day, but this time I paid for it and feel that it is my right and duty to report about this incident.
I don't know how one would protect himself from such a situation.

If you are interested to know who the dealer is, e-mail me at
mudcreeks@yahoo.com

Sliver #126877 12/20/08 01:13 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Now days it seems the "new generation" has attitude issues....they think that just because they DON'T mention flaws, descrepencies, it is not their responsibility once a sale takes place, you are supposed to look at minute photo's (100 yard type photo's in poor light) and assess the condition of a piece........I am speaking of internet sales, not face to face of course......the seller's know of the issues with a particular gun, just choose not to mention them.......the only response is to deal with dealers who have multitudes of honest feedback......any barrel has bad apples and some barrels are all rotten.......lot's of folks have never seen the inside of a church and don't believe in a higher authority..!!

Last edited by PA24; 12/20/08 01:16 PM.

Doug

Sliver #126879 12/20/08 01:21 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

email sent

Brian
LTC, USA Ret.
NRA Patron Member
AHFGCA Life Member
USPSA Life Member

Brian #126888 12/20/08 02:27 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

This thread is a copout. If I ever have a serious problem with a vendor, I will not ask someone to email me to find out who he is. I will name him in my initial post for all to see. Don't expect an email from me. I expect you to stand up like a man and accuse the dealer, by name, of bad faith dealing on this thread. Don't give me the "he could take legal action against me" business. If you just state facts, he has no recourse.

Sliver Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Eightbore,

You are right. But even then you wouldn't know who lied, me or him. So that does not serve you any good.
I thought for days if I should post this or not just for the fact that discussing what happened is useless.
THis is only my experience and my opinion about what happened.
I might be wrong and I accept that there could have been dealings going right with this particular dealer.

Take it for whatever it's worth.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Plus one on eightbore's rant. If you are just useing this forum to get an advantage over the dealer in order to get a shipping refund, you're not doing the right thing. If there is a crook dealer out there (imagine that) then share the name...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

It is true that this is just one deal and may not be indicative of how the dealer usually operates but it is the one you had with him. You should describe factually what happened and let us decide. Personally, I would believe you and I doubt you are wrong. If another thread on this guy came up then I would never do any business with him. I imagine if you bring his name to our attention there might be others here who have had similar or opposite experiences and we would all benefit. Even the dealer would realize eventually that his reputation is based on his last deal in many cases and may shape up.

So many guns, so little time!
Sidelock
Sidelock

If you are not sure of what the situation is, you shouldn't be sharing your experience by email either. A dealer sent me a gun that was not quite right. I contacted him to return it because (as I told him) I did not feel it was ethical to negotiate price with the gun in my hand. He asked what kind of negotiation I would consider had I thought it ethical. I said about a $175 negotiation would be about what I would pursue. He said he would send me a check and appreciated my candor. So, he sent me a bad gun and we reached an agreement. Had we not reached an agreement and he refused to take the gun back, I would feel comfortable discussing the transaction on the internet, naming him in the process. So should you, now that you have mentioned the general negative aspects of the transaction.

Sliver #126899 12/20/08 02:55 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I agree with eightbore and George. I just received a gun purchased from a dealer on gunbroker. Asked my questions, made my decision and bought the gun. When the US post office delivered the gun the stock was broken in shipment (a Fox SW 12 ga). I would like to keep the gun as it is very nicely restored, so the seller and I talked it over, he agreed to pay the extra dollars for the stock to be replaced, but this will be a several months fix as it will take 2 months for the PO to cough up the insurance money. My point is if the seller had not done the right/honest thing I would post the facts and his name on every site I could find so some other guy would not get burned.

Mike

Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike--I've read your story several times. What did the dealer do wrong? The stock was broken in transit. If I were that dealer, I'd refund your money in full and deal with the insurance issues and restock the gun. You wanted the gun, even with the broken stock. I'd say the dealer went FAR beyond what would be expected by fronting the money, but in any case--had he chosen to just take the gun back and refund you in full, why would you want to criticize him all over the web/ Am I missing something!

nid-28
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.