June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
6 members (bigblock, SKB, smlekid, Borderbill, 2 invisible), 310 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,572
Posts546,465
Members14,424
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

Wow!! I gotta get out more. Here I've been thinking "real" anything was judged on dedication, ethics, and skill, not the tools they used, clothes they wore, or where they were!! What do "real" deerhunters wear? Where and when do they hunt? Man, I gotta know these things so i can be careful of my associations!! Can you imagine finding yourself in the woods with someone packing a H&H .450-.400 2 3/8"?? Scandelous!!!

Sidelock
Sidelock

First reading - "I bought a pricy rifle and life and the weather conspired against me hunting deer with it for two years running so thisis the rifle's fault somehow and then I sold the pricy rifle and now pack rimfires in the woods and i may shoot a deer with one as the laws don't apply to me as a landowner." Hmmmm!

OK, second reading - "The pricy rifle I spent a load of money on failed to give me a pride of ownership kick, so I sold it and now find myself happy with workhorse rimfires. I believe that, as a landowner, I am allowed to shoot deer with the rifle of my choosing and may well choose one of the RFs. Owning workhorse rifles will make me content for the rest of my life.

Care to sort that out for us??

Sidelock
Sidelock

When you going to come over and shoot some 'real' game with me inseaed of those pesky pigeons Don? The frost is on the ground and the birds are flying!!

Sidelock
Sidelock

I for one an still trying to sort thru this "babblepost" from L G. Just about any rifle caliber is suitable for deer that .25 or greater but NOT the 22LR or 17cal and it doesn't matter whose property your hunting on. The one thing I always appreciated while deer hunting in the Midwest was, when using a 12 ga slug gun, as long as the deer was hit in the vitals death was essentially instantaneous. That's alway been my goal and,I've always assumed, the goal of any responsible hunter.
I think one has to wonder here. Does this guy lay awake nights dreaming up bizarre things to post?
Jim

Last edited by italiansxs; 10/31/08 02:06 PM.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

If any of you guys are planning to cook up a big kettle of Brunswick Stew for the Halloween weekend, you want to be careful not to let the stew on the bottom of the pot get burned. Be sure to invite Lowell over because he is the world champion STIRRER on the internet...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Jager, before my arms and legs started becoming skinny, a German baron's pre-war 7 X 57 sporting Mauser "liberated" at the Rhine by a Canadian RSM and bartered to the regimental chaplain came into my hands. But now it's "the popgun," the 250-3000, one of the most inherently accurate cartridges like the 7mm.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I found the pesky pigeons great fun. However, I'm now being very introspective - - - perhaps, just maybe, I'm not a "real" hunter!!! Dig, it gives me pain to a ask, as I know it will you to hear, this question. Do you have a - - - mmmm, say, Winchester model 24 - - - no, wait, that is too high a grade gun - - - OK, a single barrel with a centrally hung, exposed hammer (no ejector and preferably a broken extractor) gun I can borrow if we get to go hunting again? I'm still not clear on attire and the when and where, but I think I'm getting the gun nailed down!! (Just in case anyone hasn't noticed, it is Friday afternoon and has been a long week!!)

OK, for serious. I may be over in early February. Any activity for real birds in that time frame?

Last edited by Rocketman; 10/31/08 03:27 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Early February! Dig get your arse into gear and we will go to the Dovey and shoot some Geese and Duck.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The game appreciates being shot with a fine weapon; it's bad karma to give it any less than your best.

Quid me anxias sum
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Missouri landowners, by law can use rimfire and shot no larger than #4 durning deer season.
The last couple of years, I've small game hunted just to watch over the place as "scandelous" owners do try and jump the fence!
...but hey, if it's their land, they're laird of all they've bought and paid for!
If this bugs you matey...get your own.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.