May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (Argo44, Jimmy W, HalfaDouble), 229 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,563
Posts546,372
Members14,423
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Chuck: My checklist this years includes time laid by for re-reading the owner's manual for my digital camera. I find I now check for my camera before I feel for my shells in the wee dark hours setting out.
My wonderful pocket digital camera sings, dances, slices bread and pours bourbon - but the dummy holding it doesn't understand all the gee-whizz features. I snap and shoot a gazillion pictures, delete most, and up pops some real gems. I've got the "macro" feature down pat for close-ups of gun marks, but the other features are terra incognito...time for that to change.

Sidelock
Sidelock

If you're going to be hunting in the snow don't forget a large container of vasoline to slather on your dogs paws to keep snow and ice from building up on the hair between the pads. It works great!
Steve

Approach life like you do a yellow light - RUN IT! (Gail T.)
Chuck H Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Ian,
I've been meaning to put sling swivels on an auto 391 20g so I can take at least one day to shoot pics and hunt part time while in So DakOta next month. With so much still to do, I may not get to that. But, yes, camera familiarization is a must.

Sidelock
Sidelock

All of the above stuff, Plus when hunting alone, a coffeepot, the makings and a single burner Coleman stove. Thermos coffee is ok, but its nice to sit and make a pot and enjoy the day...

Sidelock
Sidelock

OK OK, I did some planning.
1. Got my license
2. Told the boss I'll be working from home Oct 1 and 2.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Definitely second the high lift jack, and a shovel. Sure wish they'd been on my list last week. Prairie grouse hunting in the Sand Hills of Nebraska, dropped the left front tire of my Duramax in a washout, thought we'd never get out! Unbelievably a ranch hand came bopping over the hill in his pickup and pulled us out. Ever try to push a 7200# pickup with two guys? They don't budge. Oh, and the grouse hunting was the best in years, lots of Praire Chickens.

"Every one must believe in something, I believe I'll go hunting today."
Sidelock
Sidelock

Amarillo Mike

Did you manage to shoot anything around Carsbad? I believe that the dove season around Artesia is done with.

Kevin

Sidelock
Sidelock

I was chasing Blues when I got lost last season. I have never dove hunted in the Carlsbad area. I did have some success with the Blue quail though.

I went about 100 miles South of here yesterday afternoon and five of us shot a limit of dove. We were hunting a partially harvested Sunflower crop.

Joe Wood managed to bag a limit North of town yesterday afternoon

How are the Blue quail doing?

Best,

Mike

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I almost forgot, I do really love a good cup of coffee in the morning, even the smell of it brewing is wonderful. Since a good cup of coffee can be hard to find in the boonies, I bring a cheap (ie: expendable) garage sale coffee maker, along with my freshly roasted coffee beans and Krupps grinder on my hunting trips. I know that it’s a bit of an affectation, but I’ve never found any of my hunting partners to be displeased or object.
Steve
PS if camping is involved, I pre-grind the beans and bring a French-press coffee maker.

Approach life like you do a yellow light - RUN IT! (Gail T.)
Sidelock
Sidelock

A French press doc??? Gosh Darne it; why you must be one of those eeeeleeetists we been hearin' so much about! (Or maybe you just don't like instant?).

Seriously, if good coffee smell and taste doesn't smell and taste 1000% better out in the baldies, I need to change my medication!

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.