June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
1 members (btbell), 305 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,615
Posts547,014
Members14,427
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 21 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 20 21
EDM Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Bob Noble
"This dollie from Alaska" happens to by my boss and I have alot of respect for her! I really dont think there is anyone on this BBS that knows her better than I do.
Bob

Bob: I just did 50 days, 10,700 miles from my farm on the IL/WI stateline to Dead Horse, via Klondike Hwy, Tok, Fairbanks, Denali, Wasilla, etc. (Anchorage and Kenai next year). This was my 50th state, I've seen them all, and anyone who hasn't spent time in Alaska, can't begin to translate another person's Alaskan life experience into meaningful dialogue. Alaska is unique. Whether this translates into presidential qualifications, like beauty, is in the eyes of the beholder.

Even though Ms. Palin (did I spell her name correctly?) was pictured in the newspapers wife Nancy and I read in Alaska, and I think her picture was on my fishing regulations, I didn't recogonize her, nor could I recall her name (or spell it?). This woman needs explaining, which is not the usual criteria for a person who could be a heart beat away from chief executive of the world's leading nation.

I am a life-long republican; my daughter worked for the RNC on the DC hill with Frank Farenkoff and Lee Atwater (circa Reagan/Bush Sr.). Ah! The wonder years!

I have since watched the Illinois republican party crash and burn, the result being that BHO ran essentially unopposed four years ago for the senate seat vacated for no good reason by our republican senator Fitzgerald, who preemptively retired just as he got some senority.

At the time, BHO, as an IL state senator, had less clout than a Chicago alderman (plus no track record). Meanwhile our then republican govenor Ryan was under the cloud of impending indictment, and now resides in the federal slammer. BHO's republican opponent (coincidently named Ryan), was accused by his estranged wife of taking her to a sex club (in aid of her divorce court petition for temporary alamony, child support, and no-visitation for the sex-club evil doer). Estranged husband Ryan, the candidate for the senate seat, withdrew from the ballot at the 11th hour...and we got BHO.

McCain is not a strong candidate, and his running mate with 2 years as chief executive of a remote state with silght electorial votes (and less than 500,000 people?)...well, I will pull the red lever and hope. She seems like my kind of person, as do many like minded people in my acquaintance, but this is a country of over 300 million. McCain and I are both naval air alums of the Viet Nam era, which might make for pleasant conversation at a reunion; and I'm sure Ms. Pailin's NRA life membership means she and I are on the same wavelength vis a vie the 2nd Amendment, but nevertheless, I am exasperated.

The problem is not the govenor of Alaska--a wonderful person for Alaska; the problem is the candidate in chief who has shown how little he knows about the expectations of those underwhelmed people whose votes he needs to put him over the top. I believe we are royally screwed. EDM

EDM
PM Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

EDM,
I think your last two parargraphs sums up our current situation. I don't know what kind of a "bounce" McCain can hope to get from the RNC with the media now focused on the gulf coast.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well EDM:
I listened to the lady speak after being introduced by McCain and she certainly seems to have a lot on the ball. Foremost she's straight forward and exhibits a chararistic often lacking in politicians recently; common sense. Again and my personal bias probably is showing here; it's a trait of those close to the land like hunters fisherman and core farming families.
I think the lady will do fine and with technical suport and advice with every president and visc president relies on I expect she'll call them as she see's them.
I had to suffer the presence of that fool of a Governor from Illinois George Ryan for a week in my offices several years ago before he became an occupant of the slammer. I can tell you with certainty there's a marked difference between a fool and someone with common sense.
Jim

Last edited by italiansxs; 08/31/08 08:58 PM.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.

Apparently Mrs. Palin is convinced the world was created in six 24-hour days, about 6,000 years ago, and - contrary to the U.S. Supreme Court - thinks that creationism should be taught as science in public schools.

Sample my new book at http://www.theweemadroad.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

Jack they need to be teaching them something...

Sidelock
Sidelock

You guys better hope McCain 'bounces over the finish line come November...

PM Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I hope he vaults over the finish line in November but this election is going to be decided by a very few fence stradlers unless one canidate makes a big mistake. We should know by the end of the week what these voters first opinion of Gov. Palin is.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Before Friday I knew nothing about Mrs Palin, and probably not a lot now, except I caught her acceptance speech and she sounded good, down to earth. Then I started watching the news, and surfing internet. I liked all her values and accomplishments, not to say she looks very nice. I did find an on line video of an interview a few weeks ago about energy, most espicially oil and natural gas, but she also mentioned wind and geothermal. She really impressed me as a lady with a head on her shoulders.

In reality she has more real life executive experience than any of the other candidates, including Sen McCain. Her decisions do not affect the rest of the country as much as those of the other canditates on a national level, but on her level the buck stopped there.

Like Sen McCain I have more than one home. My sister and I still maintain my deceased parents home in N Louisiana, she and my son living in Miss, me in Tx. so we have a"halfway house" to meet for weekends ect. Today I was watching CNN about the coming hurricane and caught Gov Bobby Jindal of La, and thought he is articulate and personable as is Ms. Palin. He had coordinated with various agencies, the gov of Tx and had aircraft coming to evacuate hospitalized/special needs patients and numerous other things which the prior La administration did not even think about until after Katrina. If this young man can get in a couple of good terms as gov. there he will propably be a rising star on the national scene. He surprised everyone by being the first non white to win since reconstruction days, being of Indian (country) parentage.

Most of us do not keep up with governors of states other than our own unless we have property or interests in another state. They simply do not affect us so there is no interest unless something like Ms Palin's acceptance of the candidacy occurs.

JJK
Sidelock
Sidelock

She seems to agree with one provision of the Constitution. What about the rest of it?

If the choices presented by the two major parties this year don't drive voters to the Libertarian party, there is truly no hope.

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
Sidelock
Sidelock

Poor McOldie doen't know how many homes there are because most if not all were bought by his rich wife. Unfortunately in this county there are still many who don't believe a black man or a woman (pick your ethincity) can run this land. I don't agree with that notion, but that's the way things are. You boys are hoping for whole lot comming this november.

Page 10 of 21 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.