June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
1 members (HalfaDouble), 269 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,604
Posts546,901
Members14,427
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
popplecop #108642 08/23/08 10:04 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

This topic started off with the intentions of coming clean after years 'n years of handles. Just because he's been to the mountain, doesn't mean the masses should/do/will take the trek with him.
This happens about once a year - zzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

This post started to learn something new about members.most info from the older member I knew but others may not have,I've learned some from the newer members.As for you Lowell I remember you liked to eat Crow.

Amigo Will #108649 08/23/08 12:44 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Grant Marquardt, Elgin, MN.. Best gun, (save for my pre-64 70s) is two. Both pre-war Browning Supers. One from a fellow member on this board. The skeet throws the most perfect patterns with Federal papers, while the other is choked extra full, and no, that was not a slug! I use "Oldmodel70" in an unabashed attempt to acquire leads on another 70 to add to my collection. And ya better be nine foot tall and bulletproof if you come to my house to steal my guns.........Grant.

Oldmodel70 #108666 08/23/08 04:15 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Eating crow, keeps one humble Ol'Hombre Will.
In fact, I take all members at face value, and then sort 'em out as time goes by.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I guess if one fells he is about to become un Humble he should eat Crow then. I never fear it myself so I stick to Robins

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
Proving, for me and the board, that the conversation is more polite on the named side of the horse, are the un-named, above. It's a long way from what is available in the phone book to social security and credit card info, though the paranoid (or silly) choose not to believe that. Oh well.
Best,
Ted
Isn't it sweet how "Mr. Polite" on the named side of the horse is so very polite and refined as to sling barbs like "paranoid (or silly)" at those like myself who choose not to place too much personal info on the web. I first thought the named side of the horse was right or left when actually it meant front or rear... more specifically, the part under the tail. It continues to amuse me that many who pontificate the most about a perceived lack of civility here don't hold themselves to the same standard they preach about. Double-barreled hypocricy, I guess.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

To quoite Mr. Schefelbein, "I would be the first to cheer if Dave were to wake up one day and decide to share that opinion. I bet a few others would, too. And I bet they all use their real, given names already. Until then, I guess I'll ATTEMPT the high road, or horse, for what it's worth.
I, not the originator of the post, asked you where your level of expertise was in double guns. I didn't really expect an answer. I wasn't disappointed, was I? I've learned, here, and at other sites, a posting by Gunflint Charlie won't have much useful, factual information on the subject of double guns or sporting firearms. I would equate it to the typical jOe post, but with better spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
But, just as useless. That's my opinion, also.
Best,
Ted"
[/quote] Mr.Schefelbein, you are truly amazing. In addition to the silly and paranoid here, we add the droids, and dust-ups. Then you take Dave to task for not being awake to your perfect world. Then you single out Gunflint Charlie as not providing any useful factual information, and criticize jOe on content, spelling, grammer, and punctuation, and pronounce posts by both men as useless. Then you close with the word "Best". Man, you are the best; and we can only aspire to be perfect like you.

Last edited by keith; 08/23/08 06:44 PM.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

keith #108701 08/23/08 09:56 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

real name is roger. technically the best gun i ever had was a midas grade 3" mag super altho i had a diana 28 that would be worth more and imho was a prettier gun. neither of those were my favorites. i've had far lesser guns i liked better.

now as to my fnb25 moniker, "ted" if that's your real name, when i signed up on the board i noticed that most members seemed to have nicknames that carried some meaningful connotation to their life or interests. i certainly never thought there were anything insidious or clandestine about it. for that matter, shooters in CASS competition have to go by a nickname they pick out. probably a bunch of communist spies hiding in the CASS. and i just realized fighter pilots go by call signs instead of their real names. reckon what those guys are really up to? and i can't help but pointing out that most people on this board, regardless of their sign-on name, sign their real name in their posts. i always do unless i just forget.

so my name's roger and not fnb25 and you don't know a damn thing more than you knew yesterday. and somewhere along the road of life i missed the requirement that i had to explain myself to you. and you would be amazed at how little impact your approval of anything has on me.

T. E. Lawrence

rwmckee #108705 08/23/08 10:35 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

FNB25 stands for Browning 0/U B-25.
Jagermeister is short for master of inebriation.

Jagermeister #108706 08/23/08 10:43 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

.....and the beat goes on......and the beat goes on......

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.