June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
7 members (AP Smith, Gary D., 4 invisible), 310 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,608
Posts546,934
Members14,427
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Amigo Will #108538 08/22/08 11:59 AM
PM Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

My name is PM. I generally use a pseudonym when posting on other sites. My area of interest has changed over the years and I now collect ball and shotguns and bp rifles. I have kept an old Flusie 16 gauge I use often and have just inherited Uncle Ray's LC. My most used guns are not my "best guns".

Last edited by PM; 08/22/08 12:04 PM.
Amigo Will #108544 08/22/08 01:16 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Amigo, ever notice how grouchy those Minnesota boys have gotten ever since Bud Grant retired???

treblig1958 #108556 08/22/08 02:34 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Heck they are probably shooting buddies but only know each other by their range names, Frenchy and Chuck

Amigo Will #108561 08/22/08 03:03 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Since before Bud retired ... never fully recovered from the ref giving the Cowboys that NFC Championship game-winning pass in '75 when Pearson pushed Nate Wright to the ground. That fan who hit the official in the head with the thrown bottle went too far, but everyone who saw what happened understood the motivation.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Nate started it.

Amigo Will #108566 08/22/08 04:01 PM
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Ok, my real honest to goodness name is the one I post under. Best gun, either a 20 O grade ejector smith or a magnum 10 NID but I shoot my Bayard hammerguns more and better.
I like Ted , Larry and 8bores imput, i have gotten some good darne info from Ted in the past. Chambers had some great info he was sharing with us too until some unnamed trolls annoyed him enough to leave. To be fair he was a little cranky too. I miss Ol Lightning Klunk and Wise but when I think the level of annoying on this board has gotten worse I remember the trolls and Fanjoi??? from the old version of the board. Some better manners here would be nice but it would ruin Joe n Lowells fun.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Jay knows his Yeats, Ted. Good enuf for me! How'd I know from his handle on the board? Sent me an email, signed his name in the clear. I did the same in reply. Neither of us has suffered at the hands of the other that I know. I also see nothing particularly wrong with the use of an alias unless it goes along with illegal use of mouth. Sometimes the case; sometimes not. Everybody is a bit jittery, aren't we? Got anything to do with curtailment of our glowing personal expectations of economic business as usual? The antis, the liberals, the wetbacks, the Chinese "pawnshop"? Go ahead, cry on Uncle Jack's shoulder; we have to get past this six-cornered belligerency so's Dave can keep his hair. PS: Anything I know or can remember about Darnes or Charlins, I learned mostly from Ted's posts and I have to assume that Ted is righteously who he is as I couldn't prove it anymore than I can prove I'm Jack without two pieces of picture ID.

jack

Sidelock
Sidelock

My name is Skip, at least that is what anyone that isn't a debtor or creditor knows me by. In fact, when the phone rings the only people that get to talk to me are the ones that use it when asking for me. It is the only name I have ever gone by, and having the same name as both my father and grandfather it kept things from getting confusing when we were all together. I make no attempt to hide my last name and if we have spoken through email you have seen it. I have the same username everywhere except the snipe forum. I do that not to hide who I am but because my favorite game bird is so obscure and I don't mind giving him a little publicity.

I thought about my best gun for a while and couldn't come up with one. I considered starting with my worst gun and by eliminating one and then the next I could establish best as the last one left. I didn't have much more luck doing that either. I'd like to have a gun that stands head and shoulders above the rest but I doubt if I ever will. Until then I am content to settle for a couple of adequate guns.

Skip

Amigo Will #108631 08/23/08 07:12 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Amigo Will
Nate started it.

Good one Will!

Sidelock
Sidelock

I can not believe that a post that starts out so innocently can turn in to what this one has. Does it really make a difference if you use your real name or a handle. Been retired for 20 years, got in to computers right after that, first outdoor net I joined everyone used a nick name and it just went on from there. And I am not ashamed of it nor proud of it, just the way it is. John P. Holmes PS: And I don't bring any expertise to this group. I've had a lot of questions answered and I thank all for that.

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.