June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
3 members (12boreman, Lawrence Kotchek, Gunning Bird), 356 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,616
Posts547,032
Members14,427
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
Sidelock
Sidelock

My take is most Bikers today are living out a fantasy they didn't experience when they were younger...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Right on Perry- I am in the same league. I enjoy riding- do not belong to any organized club-nor wear colors or Nazi insigna or other offensive badges- Same reason as I love to shoot varmints, I don't wear those "Ted Nugent" style T-shirts with crosshairs and a groundpig's head exploding like a bottle of ketchup. I ride because I love the Freedom that made our country great- something that possibly elitist snobs like Bro. Glen-Thorn-In-The-Side and numbnutz like Homeless Joe don't seem to grasp-and I like the 50 mpg. at $4.00/gallon gas my Softail gets at road cruisin' speed. I have ridden on the 'Nam Vets Rolling Thunder rides in MI- from various points to our Capital in Lansing-good thing Marlon and his leather jacketed crew rode Triumphs in that cult classic The Wild Ones-can't be giving our "Hogs" a bad name-
WW1 did for Harley what prohibition did for NASCAR- gave it birth- USA Signal Corps used Harleys in WW1 mud-with chains on the tires- and as the surviving pilots took up barnstorming in the 1920's, the Harley guys went into cross-country racing- just as prohibition and Southern moonshinin' and the "revoonuers" chasing on back Country roads lead to the great sport of NASCAR racing today- If the gun owners and the NRA were as well organized (and not as devisive) as are the various biker groups- the Supremes might have bettered the "point spread" from 5 to 4 to maybe 7 to 2- wake up guys- being elitist and snobs about anything related to guns locks out many of us that are diesel mechanics, power plant welders, tool & die makers- from the "inner strata" and when it comes time to unite and kick into the coffers to fight the evergrowing antis- we won't answer the call- Bikers are well organized and tend to overlook personal "difficulties"- Hell, they might even let the Duke of Glenthorne ride in their sidecar- just try asking nicely there Lowell Old Boy- stiff upper lip and all!! RWTF

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 08/19/08 09:00 PM.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Lowell did you hear something go puttering by ?

Sidelock
Sidelock

===========@@@@ @@@@@@@ @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ VROOM VR
====================@@@@@@@@@ VROOM VROOM VROOM

Sidelock
Sidelock

Post deleted by Run With The Fox

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Saw norm Cash hit it out of the park on a sixth grade field trip.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
My take is most Bikers today are living out a fantasy they didn't experience when they were younger...

Whom do you categorize as "bikers" HJ? I know that bikers is a term that many apply to Harley riders, but I submit to you that anyone who rides a "bike" is a biker. Now, I also know that there are many "bikers" a.k.a., Harley riders who whould vehemently disagree with me - but that is really unimportant because this is merely MY opinion. Mind you, so is yours, and I am not challenging it, just curious. It always entrigues me to know the exact definition an individual applies to the sterotype they have just labeled another person with. As for me, I usually refer to myself as a motorcyclist because a motorcycle is what I ride and enjoy. If someone prefers to refer to me as a biker, then so be it. From anyone other than fellow "bikers" I do draw the line at being called "scooter trash" or "scooter tramp" (Amigo will know what I mean). Seriously, I am merely curious as to how you define a "biker." Also, I would ask the same question of Lowell. Additionally, regarding your allusion to bikers today living a fantasy of their youth, you may be correct to a degree. However, their now being able to afford a Harley or any other large motorcycle and all the acoutrements that are attendant to the biker lifestyle is probably closer to the real reason. Have a good one Joe. And Joe, there is no shame in being a Moped rider - just in case yours and Lowell's adamant stance on "bikers" may just be a front to cover such a personal fact!!!!

Perry M. Kissam
NRA Patron Life Member
Sidelock
Sidelock

The simple fact, like it or not, is that this country has become overcrowded. It's romantic to think of taking a pleasurable ride down a winding country road scattered with turning oak leaves and stopping at a roadside cafe for a piece of apple pie made by the old lady who runs the place.

But the reality is once you ride 2 hours to get to the country road, there will be construction signs, and 12 jackasses driving in line in front of you and 12 more behind you. There won't be a cafe, there will be a Hardee's run by a 17 year old with baggy pants, and the only thing scattered on the road will be cigarette butts and beer cans.

That's why I sold my bike and hate to leave the house.

mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

alot of us had bikes, then raised our kids, so we sold our bikes, couldnt take a chance of getting hurt.and now picking up where we left off.i live in CA.once you get away from the freeways we have lots of roads to ride.i dont think hiding in the basement because other people enjoy get out is the answer.gregSY have you thought of decalf? mabe yoga?

mc #107991 08/19/08 02:52 PM
jmc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have a Harley - a Springer Classic that I've made my own by pulling off the factory stuff I didn't like and putting on a few things I like. Can do the same thing with our double guns to make them the way we want. To those that stereotype, I guess I'm a yuppie... I also own frontage on one of those country byways and come to think about it, I've forgotten to consider whether the folks passing by in their cars or on their bikes are offended when I'm hunting on my land and the fact that my shotgun makes noise when I pull the triggers.

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.