Originally Posted By: cherry bomb
For those of us not physically challenged I just don't see any advantage carrying a 6 pound gun all day rather than 7 1-2 or 8 pound. But there are many disadvantages in main which is tendency to spray and pray shooting, many wounded birds due to fringe hits because shooter did not accurately center the bird.

CB, Possibly one should not expect that others folks have the same feelings and characteristics as one's self. I am only physically challenged to the point of being overweight and 56. I am a damn good shot and shoot 8+ pound guns 5 days a week, mostly at bunker trap.

I have carried heavy, long barreled guns in the field (even one misguided day last year) but I PREFER to carry a light gun. I love the light weight and the delightful feel of a nicely balanced little 20. I even like 26" barrels. And, you know what? I am a superb shot with those wonderful little things. I shoot fast and am quite deadly. There is no "spray and pray" here. In fact, I truly believe that I shoot those lovely little guns better than I would shoot a heavier slower moving gun in that setting. To each their own. Regards, Jake

R. Craig Clark
jakearoo(at)cox.net