Some years ago I acquired a 28" bbl., 5 lb., 3 oz. 20 ga. Some old fellow had borrowed it from a Nazi officer at the end of WW II and brought it back to the States. In his later years he feared he would pass on and his wife would look under the bed, find the gun, and put a $3 sticker on it for the next garage sale. It had reamined unfired all those years and he made me an offer I just couldn't refuse.

All of that is to say that I don't deliberately cast about for light guns, but here it is.

Objectively, I think it's great in the field where you can't beat a pound lost. Too, most of my field shooting is more of a quick point-and-shoot, and all that stuff about the smooth, fluid swing doesn't get much traction. Good gun.

Shooting clays, you know the gun is light and have to be more mindful about stearing the barrels. Suprisingly, recoil is not as bad as one would imagine, and I routinlely put a hundred rounds through it without a thought. I shoot it as well at skeet or clays as I would any other 20 ga. Given my druthers, however, I would prefer another 1.5 lbs. or so for a clays type gun in 20 ga. - you don't have to think about it as much.