June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
3 members (Karl Graebner, 2 invisible), 320 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,609
Posts546,950
Members14,427
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#100389 06/28/08 07:09 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Here is Mile High Trap Range in Erie, Co. several years ago. And from the same spot today.
[img][/img]
[img][/img]

Sidelock
Sidelock

It's all about the money, my man.

You elected officials took one look at that crummy trap range, took one listen to the developer who told them about the tax base he would create for them, and the trap range was history.

Developers and elected officials = criminals in suits.

eeb Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Are the homeowners aware of the lead-poisoned soil on which they are now living?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ther was a MAJOR clean up of the area prior to any construction of infastructure. Much top soil was removed and screened, hauled away and replaced. So...The entitled yuppies that bought those big homes, wont die of lead poisioning. This was once a really neat area, We used to shoot geese, right behind the Range area....One of the best moto Cross tracks in the country was a mile down the road...

Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't have pictures, but I have personally seen three nice ranges sacrificed to the developers in the Dallas area.

As far as I know, we are down to two public facilities and one private club, as urban sprawl takes its toll.

I don't play golf, but some golf courses have lost out also, as their property became too expensive to leave green.

When we are all concrete and asphalt, we have lost our connection with nature.

HHH

Sidelock
Sidelock

Solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant.

Sidelock
Sidelock

And may I add "Non Illigitimus Carborundum"! My Granddad used to tell me: "Son, if you set out to be a crook and find out you don't have the "moxie" for that, there's only two things left in life for you- sell real estate or get into politics"!!

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

You forgot- become a lawyer- Run With The Fox.

Sidelock
Sidelock

At a time when regions of America are being devastated by the new economy and rising energy prices, millions losing their jobs, hundreds of thousands at risk of losing their homes, that housing development looks good to me. Wide, open spaces for trap ranges are plentiful. Homes mean families, jobs; ranges mean fun and games to me.

From comments on our board, it seems to me that many members are living in a time-warp, a cocoon i.e. $5,900 guns and anxiety over the cost of shot while 10,000,000 cars are forecast to be forced from the road within a year and desperate times looming for legions of families without jobs, health insurance, transport to work and school.

I don't think Americans generally have grasped the extent of their country's decline---hopefully of limited duration. Russia's foreign exchange reserve, built on petro dollars, is now the world's third-highest after China and Japan. Canadians, a tenth of America's population with world's ninth-largest economy, are wealthier than Americans by a full 30 per cent of median family net worth and about half US personal debt but feeling the recession because US is our biggest customer.

No, those homes of the young, upward-climbing professionals and craftspersons, contributing their energy, imagination and entrepreneurial skills to make the United States the glorious country it is, are a preferable landscape to me than the barren lands of trap ranges. They can be made in an afternoon or, with a small dozer, over a holiday weekend.

Members of this board, by and large, are a privileged minority. I'm certainly one of them.

Sidelock
Sidelock

King, we're only trying to amuse ourselves as we await the inevitable. There's certainly nothing we can do to stop it so let's have all the fun we can until doomsday . . . you know, "party 'til ya drop!"

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.