June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
2 members (bushveld, Ken57), 186 guests, and 20 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,572
Posts546,458
Members14,424
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Chuck, I'm going out there on this one because I sold you a BSS 20ga 8 mouths ago, you know the one with the 3 day turn around and we talked and you said you would keep the gun! Please let me know because I want you to be happy with the gun as I said. I will take the gun back if it's the same gun and your not happy with it! Please let me know you have my guts turning on this one!

Chuck H Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

GW,
No sweat. Take some Pepto and call me in the morning. Don't let it keep you up. It's fixed now after a few bruises, a few boxes of shells, and couple hours of trying to figure out what was causing it. The actual fix was only 10 mins. work.

When I looked the gun over, everything was as you stated. Here in CA, the gun can't leave the FFL's possession until transferred and cleared, so it's not possible to detect a doubling problem like this during an inspection. So, I had to make a go/no-go decision on the visual inspection before DROS'ing and 4473'ing the gun and waiting 10 days. Once that's done, it's legally mine and would require another transfer on your end to take it back. Lot's of hassle factor. Usually, that pretty much seals the deal.

The BSS is such a tank and the triggers so reliable, I just never thought there'd be a functional problem.

I honestly didn't recall, offhand, who I bought it from. I suppose I could send it back to you ... after I put that disconnector back in the same shape it was in when I got it.

All's well, GW. Make me happy on the next one. Happy New Year to you and your family.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Larry, I thought my BSS Sporter 12/28 was too heavy (almost 8 pounds)until I used it on doves in an Arizona windstorm a couple of years ago. Perfect gun for those conditions, bagged a limit of doves, two wild quail and three cottontails in two hours.

My BSS Sporter 20 w/26" and 28" barrels seems just about perfect, only a tad heavier than my favorite 686/28". For my kind of hunting, there's nothing I would change on the BSS. Even the barrel selector works well, when I bother to use it.

My bad for not testing the gun when I got it! I would have not sold the gun had I known. Didn't know you had to wait so long to take the gun in Ca. I do what to make this right with you because I wasn't trying to pull anything over on someone and sending them a gun that did'n work right! You call it and it's done! I want to make it right on this gun!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Bought a Miroku Daly 20ga for my grandson about a year ago. Only problem with that gun was difficulty in opening once fired which was solved with a diligent cleaning of the chambers so I can't blame that on the gun. It is a little heavy for the gauge but a 13 year old can use the weight to limit the recoil. Question about stock length: the butt stock length as original seems to be a bit on the short side. About 13 5/8" to the rear trigger. Is that common on these guns?

Chuck H Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

GW,
We're cool.

Jerry,
My two 20g BSS guns are both 6 lbs 8 oz. One is a 28" pistolgrip and the other the 26" straightstock. They are both muzzle heavy due to the .045" or more wallthickness of the barrels. That's also what most of the 20g BSS followers like about the gun, it's steady, target gun-like swing. My 12g BSS also has heavy barrels even though it's only a 26" gun. Even the Citori the Miroku built Browning guns seem to have heavy barrels. Must be a liability concern by Browning. But in talking with the owner of Skeets barrel shop in OK about backboring to lighten my BSS, he said Citoris can be safely backbored to loose some weight and make them more lively and has done several and says the steel is very good stuff.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Chuck, that Miroku 12 I sold (with 28" barrels) was far lighter than any 12ga BSS I ever handled, standard or Sporter version. Not sure I ever put it on a scale, however. Of course it did have a splinter FE, which would've resulted in some weight advantage. I had a 20ga Miroku that a guy in the Navy bought in Japan. PG/splinter/DT. That was a nice, light gun too. Cabela's got their hands on several Mirokus like that, NIB I believe, about a year ago. Sold them for around $1100, I think. With the Uggie Model 30 going for $1300, those guns were probably pretty darned good buys.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I should weight my Miroku BSS look-a-like - doesn't seem heavy for a 12 Ga.

Mine's a tale that can't be told, my freedom I hold dear.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.