June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
4 members (Ted Schefelbein, earlyriser, 2 invisible), 342 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,616
Posts547,032
Members14,427
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by mel5141
On the subject of Helice Shooting I am going to take pains to avoid sounding like a "KNOW it ALL" but I will preface my post with a few easily verifiable facts.....Thus, I can back up my opinions with Titles Won....

I came to the Helice competition relatively late in my shooting career, but in that time I have won the National Veteran Championship, A Silver Medal in the Veterans Category in FEDECAT World Championship(Fan 32) and A FITASC Veterans WORLD Championship.
We certainly have better shots than me , I know because they beat me regularly, but I think my wins in the relatively short time I have played the game certainly give some weight to my suggestions.
I stand by my previous post and the suggestions, observations , and opinions I put forth there. I won with, and continue to compete with, a 30" Sporter type flat ribbed gun with an adjustable comb, on a Trap style stock. I shoot Helice with a POI @ 6-8" above my POA , somewhat lower than I shoot at American Flyers.

As to chokes I ere on the tight side to compensate for the variations in target structure. Some brands break easier than others, and batches can vary within a brand. I shoot a first barrel with a minium .030 constriction and a Strong Full choke top barrel. I might add that the American with the most impressive National and World wide record at Helice/Fan 32 shoots the tightest choke tubes he has in BOTH barrels.
Just wondering, have you ever shot a 30? it has eluded me so far, got a few 29's but no 30 yet.
At my club (Selwood in Alabama) we slide on straight 5's.

My wife lets me buy all the guns I can hide.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Paul, do you see that Perazzi's dominate the field at the level of shoots you attend?

Sidelock
Sidelock

As to the question of 30 straight, yes several , at various venues .....only one when a slide was being experimented with.
Guns, more varied than the Flyer ring.... Perazzi, Krieghoff, Beretta 10 and 11, various 680 series, Blaser all present in varying numbers....I think the winners circle has more P and K guns these days.....

1 member likes this: Stanton Hillis
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by mel5141
As to the question of 30 straight, yes several , at various venues .....only one when a slide was being experimented with.
Guns, more varied than the Flyer ring.... Perazzi, Krieghoff, Beretta 10 and 11, various 680 series, Blaser all present in varying numbers....I think the winners circle has more P and K guns these days.....
30 straight is most certainly an accomplishment.
At our club there has only been 2 thirty straights shot with the slide in 8 years, both in the last year.
One of the great things about attending a Helice tournament (or flyers) is getting to see the guns in the rack.

My wife lets me buy all the guns I can hide.
1 member likes this: Stanton Hillis
PALUNC Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Did my test today, shot my 1906 Purdey pigeon gun and my Perazzi SC3.
Both shot high with the Purdey shooting almost 10" above center. Not a scientific test by no means but just my conclusion. Shot a variety of shells, B&P Comp1, 1oz, 7 1/2 shot, 1160 FPS, RC 1165 FPS, 1oz, 7 1/2 shot and Bornaghi Trap loads, 1200 FPS, 7 1/2 shot, 1 oz.
The Bornaghi's were deadly.

Mike Proctor
eeb Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Do you shoot at Hunters Pointe?

PALUNC Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Going to soon

Mike Proctor
PALUNC Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Also shot some Clever Mirage, 1oz, 7 1/2 shot, 1280 FPS.
The Clever's and the Bornaghi's were very deadly. Would not want to be a pigeon.

Mike Proctor
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.