June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
6 members (SKB, Kip, Ken Georgi, Drew Hause, fallschirmjaeger, 1 invisible), 387 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,614
Posts547,001
Members14,427
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#37612 04/28/07 06:40 PM
devrep Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks for the photos, I wasn't able to get there this year. From the looks of it I missed a good one.

Jack K

Sidelock
Sidelock

We missed you, Jack. A small Lefever contingent showed up (Ken Hurst, Josh Lowensteiner, Ray Shotwell, Bill McPhail-honorary Lefeverite for a day, and myself; apologies to those I left out) and we ensconced ourselves at Ken's table. I'll be posting some pics from the Lefever perspective later today at http://lefeverforum.informe.com.

BTW, the weather was perfect and I shot poorly!

Best Regards,
Larry
Sidelock
Sidelock

Frank, I can't believe I missed you. Did I miss you? Ray showed me his great little push lever 16 that I've been hankering to see (serial number 9136?) and Josh, Ken, and Bill also had stuff for show and tell. Josh showed me a new entry for my file of firing pin separations. He actually had an early Parker 12B with a one inch pin separation, something I knew could be done, but had never seen. Take note, planners of the "New Lefever". It must have been 16 gauge weekend, because Bill had a great and rare cased 16 gauge William Shaefer to show. The best part of all this is that all this activity takes place in a very small area of collector display booths, Ken, LCSCA, and PGCA being in three adjoining booths. Ken had his personal Baker project and a couple of screaming Smith projects among other items on his tables. There was probably a Lefever on there somewhere. Bill Murphy

Sidelock
Sidelock

I was there on Saturday. First thing I noticed was the third exhibitor tent as the event continues to grow. Weather was great (except for the big shower on Friday). I hung around with the LCS gang for a while, then perused the displays, visited with old friends and met new ones. We hooked up with Walt Snyder for dinner in Southern Pines and convinced Ken Hurst to come with us. A meeting of LCS, Lefever, and Ithaca. And nobody argued.

For the third year out of four, the Parker boys won the challenge cup. Ya think they're really better guns than Elsie's? Don't know what happened to those sleepers the Smith crowd was reported to be bringing in. ESPN was taping the event, which in my mind seems to on its way to becoming the premier event of the Southern. There needs to be a challenge from the Fox gang.

For a final report, I'm sure the Deep River web site will post the results and overall statistics. Give them a few days to get the page up and running. Meanwhile, the local paper did a really nice preview article on the event last week. Go to:

http://www.newsobserver.com/802/story/567716.html

A last question. Did Holland and Holland sell the gun they had on the table at $254,000? Gives you guys an indication of the quality of the wares on display.

devrep Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Bill, I did meet a handful of PGCA folks, I didn't see a Bill Murphy nametag and I'm a little shy about interrupting groups of folks having conversation to introduce myself. I did see a Kevin McCormick nametag and introduced myself to Ortolan. I had a nice chat with Mr. Mullins sitting under a tree watching the PGCA/LC Smith finals.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I guess we'll just have to meet at the Vintagers. I wore my PGCA Life Member tag most of the time and my RST Shells name tag the rest of the time but I was "on a mission" and put a few miles on my boots going back and forth from the 5-stand to the vendor area and back again. "Headquarters" was the LC, PGCA, Ken Hurst display area but, as you say, it's hard to see everyone. Murphy

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.