June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
4 members (Jimmy W, irs, FallCreekFan, 1 invisible), 500 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,581
Posts546,693
Members14,425
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

I have a very rare gun "Hopkins Allen AA Grade" 16 gauge double gun very well engraved and nice wood English wallnut, fine sharp checkering in a Fleur De Lis style gun was never touched with the exception of the butt plate this gun has no serial # this gun was made about 1902 This gun Is an exceptional example of the Hopken Allen AA Grade double gun .....I'm seeking a collector appraiser that can establish a true value of this piece thank you all for your time looking forward to your replies

Last edited by John Fillier; 02/05/15 10:02 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

John, I left you a message in your PM box. Daryl Hallquist darylh1942@gmail.com

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: John Fillier
I have a very rare gun "Hopkins Allen AA Grade" 16 gauge double gun very well engraved and nice wood English wallnut, fine sharp checkering in a Fleur de Leah style gun was never touched with the exception of the butt plate this gun has no serial # this gun was made about 1902 This gun Is an exceptional example of the Hopken Allen AA Grade double gun .....I'm seeking a collector appraiser that can establish a true value of this piece thank you all for your time looking forward to your replies

Try "Fleur De Lis" whether you are a New Orleans Saints fan or not- works better than de Leah--no matter how you like your English walnut, or is it walnut finely checkered. Just curious here, but how can you determine the DOM without a serial number?? RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sure would like to see some pictures John.
I've come across about 6 of these in 12 ga.
Most were in rough condition and the prices reflected such.
I'll post the pics if needed.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I found this thread on the net. Could be similar to what you have.

http://www.gunvaluesboard.com/i-have-a-h......-419230.html

Cameron Hughes
Sidelock
Sidelock

These guns were originally Forehand Arms Co. guns, but they were taken over by Hopkins & Allen and began appearing in the 1901 H & A catalogues. Here is from the 1902 Hopkins & Allen catalogue --

Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Sorry for the late reply love to see some pics they are really rare and just to see a few pics would be nice prices seem to vary greatly on condition ,the quality of these guns were top notch thanks for your reply looking forward to the pics
John F

Sidelock
Sidelock

You will possibly find a serial number under the following places: remove (partially) the trigger guard bow, it may be stamped into the in-letted wood slot for the guard bow, it may also be inset under the forearm iron as well- Wish this fine gun was a 12 gauge and not a 16, I would be tempted to buy it- then there is the hassle of an American/Canadian Province exchange, isn't there? In Newfoundland, you are a "Newfie, you- right?" So in Nova Scotia, what's the proper term, if I may make so bold as to ask???

Sidelock
Sidelock

IF SOMEONE SHORTENED THE BARRELS FROM 30" OR 28" TO THE PRESENT 26", I WOULD HAVE A COMPETENT GUNSMITH check for chokes, and the keels and solder markings that indicate a "hacksaw job" and sadly, if that is the case, the re-sale value goes to Zilch in a heartbeat--Damn shame too-

Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Well for sure that's not the case....its 26 for sure and there is no tampering with the length..In Nova Scotia we are called Newfies from the Westerners on the oil patch .... And the currency we except American green backs at par. Pedro......do you have any pic of the 12 g this 16 is so sweet...... but remember we are also Scotsman and are tight as a fiddle.
The barrel length for sure is factory and the fact that the original owner worked for the company maybe a factor in the length? As you quote Clipper! Steamer!

Last edited by John Fillier; 02/07/15 10:13 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.