June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
2 members (2 invisible), 421 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,610
Posts546,962
Members14,427
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

Why should an open forum primarily composed of ADULT men need a babysitter?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Lucky for me I'm not smart enough to even know what the hell that guy was trying to say.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Marc Ret, that is exactly the issue. If the forum were composed of adult men we wouldn't require a monitor. However, someone needs to keep the juveniles off here. There are a lot of men who should be adults but are frozen in juvenile values and behavior. Some of the better run forums the owner has appointed monitors for the various forums on their site. And the discussion box for each thread added has a block along the bottom edge which is pressed to notify the monitor to review the thread. Offensive threads are deleted by the monitor - too many violations and the monitors pull the individuals password and he can no longer participate.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Jerry..you are right... But that is not going to work here...so stop wasting your breath , typing....and reasonable logic......this whole post and thread will disappear in the forum...this forum will eventually die and a new one will pop up...and it will be better.....

cpa Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Are you referring to posts such as this from one of the esteemed members on the Misfires forum when I pointed out a misstatement by one of the regulars there?
"cpa, it's good to know that you're out there monitering all of this and reporting everything that's wrong in the world. Wait. Actually, you only crawl out of your hole to support your hero and leader Barack Hussein Obama. Did you read what I wrote earlier about anyone who says that they support both the Individual Right to Keep and Bear Arms, and also supports Obama (or Hillary)? I said they have shit for brains. Thanks for providing proof." Keith
I consider the pathetic source and it doesn't bother me, but I don't understand what motivates the regular cast of characters that post there or, for that matter, why they should be provided a public forum.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Good Lord......this is the most informative and educated gun forum I've ever participated in. As true double gun lovers and hunters why can't everyone just appreciate this place and knock off the name-calling and political BS? I would be happy with the misfires column being deleted and comments, photos, etc. be purely for double gun enjoyment and education. The internet abounds with forums that specialize in dysfunctional behavior for those that get a kick from it, or just like to insult, criticize, and otherwise kick a pile of excrement....go there. If ya don't think this forum is being managed right or isn't good enough, no one is paying you to stay here.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well, at least the personal insults seem now mostly confined to Misfires. I don't go there any more, mostly for the reason Drew quotes from 1876.

"At any rate these quarrels are interesting only to the parties concerned, while they disgust the other readers...."

Some who are smarter than me have already completely turned away from this stuff, but I'm learning. Hope this thread doesn't turn in that direction.

Jay

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: cpa
JonR - "I give up. You're right - it's all a dark conspiracy to buy up all the bullets so we can't fight back against the black helicopter-borne death panel secret Muslim assault troops."
When ole Craig and Jim start tag teaming, rational thought doesn't have a chance.

"One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork."
Edward Abbey

Gee, it didn't take long at all to find a post from Mr. Perfect where he was calling not one, but two members, stupid, paranoid, and incapable of rational thought. I've noticed that threads like this always bring some hypocrites to the surface. Most are Obama supporters. Coincidence??? Apologies for putting this here. cpa could've shed his tears in Misfires.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Boxlock
Boxlock

Originally Posted By: cpa

I consider the pathetic source and it doesn't bother me, but I don't understand what motivates the regular cast of characters that post there or, for that matter, why they should be provided a public forum.

I've never even visited the Misfires forum, but in any online community it's very useful to have a place where off-topic nonsense can be vented - sort of like a lightning rod. Other forums that I frequent are proactive about moving off-topic conversations out of the 'main' areas. IMO that would improve the signal-to-noise ratio here, too.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.