May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
5 members (LGF, MattH, 3 invisible), 236 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,563
Posts546,369
Members14,423
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

I cant second enough getting the yearly PSA checked, even if insuance wont cover it. My PSA was found to be well over 4 when I was 47 years old. I had the radical surgery, and caught it before it got out to the surrounding tissue (knock on wood). My cousin also was diagnosed in his mid 40s. Start getting tested at 40, if not sooner. I may have opted for laproscopic surgery, which was only done locally at NIH back 5-6 years ago, but my gleason scores were too high to be a candidate. Best wishes for you wife, and all the best, Scott

Rockdoc Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

By the way, when I say "A New Years resolution nearly everyone should make" about the only person I know on this board that falls in the "nearly everyone" catagory would be Montana. I don't figure she has anything to worry about when it comes to prostate cancer. I do hope she gets an annual mammogram though!
Montana doesn't post often, but when she does her posts are always excellent.
Steve

Approach life like you do a yellow light - RUN IT! (Gail T.)
Sidelock
Sidelock

Steve: Our prayers are with you for you wife's total recovery. Today's medicine can often perform what once seemed like miracles. The GREAT HEALER has the final say and there is NOTHING that HE can't do.

I recently lost a dear old friend, Ray Permenter, to prostate cancer. Ray was a long time importer of Merklels, H&K Fabarm, Sig Rizzinis, etc. He knew that he was terminal when I bought his inventory from him but he lasted another year & a half knowing it. That had to be the most terrible part, that and knowing that he'd have to leave his wife of 40 years. It's so easy to get tested regularly, EVERYMAN should do it & EVERYWOMAN should get a regular mammogram.

Best Wishes and Regards, George

To see my guns go to www.mylandco.com Select "SPORTING GUNS " My E-Mail palmettotreasure@aol.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

At 61, I have never had it done and it is something that I have always worried about and I know I should have it done. For those of you who have had problems my sympathy goes out to you. Maybe I will check into it this year.

Rockdoc Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Jimmy, I turned 61 this year, other then the elevated PSA scores there were no other symptoms. My doctor told me that it would have taken 5-7 more years to develop physical symptoms at which time it might well have been too late. As it was, the cancer was very close to breaching the prostrate shell and metastisizing into other parts of my body.
Steve

Approach life like you do a yellow light - RUN IT! (Gail T.)
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.