doublegunshop.com - home
Gentlemen,

Brenneke is now producing the subject 2 1/2" (65mm) 16ga "Classic" shotgun slug in the United States with the new cartridges arriving at their warehouse this week. I have obtained copies of Brenneke USA's dealer list as well as instructions noting how to do a dealer search. For those of us that hunt with guns with 65mm shot tube chambers (cape guns, drillings, bockbuchsflinte (O/U rifle/shotgun combinations and conventional shotguns) this recent development adds another dimension to our capabilities. Others, such as Midway USA, currently carry Brenneke products so time will tell if they will be carrying the new slugs as well; I would have to imagine that they would if there is enough demand.

Regards,

Mark
I have an account with Ellett Brothers. Currently there are no Brenneke 16 gauge slugs in their inventory of either length. They sell for $10 a box, for either 2.5 inch or 2.75 inch. If anyone wants any, I'll order them for you. I can only ship ammo UPS, so you would have to order a quantity to justify a minimum UPS shipping cost of about $10.
and they are here ... for real.

Performance wise the 65mm is very close to the 70mm "Classic" sold in Europe:

Muzzle Velocity: 65mm - 1350 ft/sec and 70mm - 1362 ft/sec

Energy at Muzzle: 65mm - 1686 ft/lbs (2286 Joules) and 70 mm - 1715 ft/lbs (2325 Joules)

Regards,

Mark
Update:

The item number is SL-162BR

The distributors that have them now or will have them in stock this week are:

WL Baumler
Camfour
Green Supply

Mark
My local FFL dealer cannot locate any of the Brenneke 2.5 inch (65MM) 16ga Slugs in stock.
Are there any dealers who will sell retail and ship UPS to an individual?
Thanks!
Jim
Sent u a pm
I inquired of Brenneke usa why I couldn't get any 2.5 inch slugs from my distributor. Here is the response: The reason you have not been able to locate our new Brenneke USA SL-162BR, 2 1/2 inch 16 GA slug is they have just arrived in a container with some of our other slugs from Germany. They are now at our loading company in the US and hopefully should be available for shipment by the end of this month, or February"..
I have 50 boxes on order.
Gentlemen,
I grabbed a target,chrony & a 30s vintage Sauer boxlock drilling & a couple of the recently released Brenneke 16 ga 65mm 2 1/2 1 oz slugs figuring my neighbors would be sympathetic to 2 quick rnds fired midday. Set up a target & the chrony. Fired offhand a left then a right.
1st shot left bbl (rear trigger)= 3/4" right & 2" low, 2nd shot right bbl I pulled the shot calling the error=low left on the target. Shots averaged 1500fps which I question as 1350fps is advertised. Now I am really anxious to get to the range as I think by not pulling down so tight on the bead & allowing the entire rib sighting plane to be seen when aligning the bead on the target will yield good results. Looking promising!

m4220
Is anyone finding any of these? I have my local gun dealer looking and all we can find cataloged is a 3/4oz 16ga 2.5" and none of those are even in stock.

I have a couple of drillings that I could use these in.

Thanks

oskar
Oskar,

Has your dealer called any of the distributors noted earlier on this thread? The Ellett Brothers organization is one of Brenneke USA's largest distributors and as I recall they were supposed to be one of the first receiving early production orders.

Regards,

Mark
Ellett Bros has 300 boxes ordered. I have a BO for 50 and another dealer has a BO for 150 boxes. Still haven't come in.
Ellet Brothers only has 40 boxes left after others and myself got our orders.
I finally have 50 boxes on the way. I have a drilling that was regulated for these, according to the factory order card. I'll try them and see how they shoot. I will probably have a few to sell if anyone needs any.
Gentlemen,

In addition to the slugs that Vol423 may have to sell Brenneke USA's manufacturing rep just sent me this a few minutes ago:

"We have inventory of the slug in our warehouse in Allentown.

Green Supply and Baumler are distributors who have them right now.

Jerry's, Outdoor Sports, Simmons, Ellett Brothers will have them in the next few weeks."

Regards,

Mark
Those are distributors. They don't sell retail. Mine were just delivered today.
Vol423,

The way this early distribution works is your dealer is supposed to call the distributors listed for you and place an order ... as per the instructions originally posted at the time of the new release. The distributor will then ship product to your dealer and hopefully your dealer will hold them for you until you come in and pick them up. The distributors do not sell directly to the public. Eventually, I hope, many dealers with carry these things in stock so you won't have to special order them every time you want a couple boxes.

Mark

With the current shortage of products, there is no guarantee that product is ever available. So I buy in larger quantities than I or my customers are likely to use in the short term... A bit of targeted hoarding. If anyone here wants to buy these, they'll have to find someone who has them in stock. I do. And there were 40 more boxes at Ellett Bros earlier this week.
I found some and have them in hand. Thank You for the heads up on these. I'm looking forward to bear and cougar calling next fall with my drilling.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com