doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: SKB Westley Richards take-down mannlicher - 02/29/24 04:06 PM
A very interesting and rare rifle, chambered for 9.5x57MS or the .375 rimless NE. The action has had a steel ring silver soldered to it to facilitate the WR patent take-down system. I have never seen one in the flesh before this rifle. It is currently undergoing a very sympathetic restoration.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Posted By: Parabola Re: Westley Richards take-down mannlicher - 02/29/24 09:34 PM
Wow! And a presentation rifle as well.

Can you tell if the take down ring is just silver soldered or did it WR also thread it on to the front of the receiver?

Kynoch continued to make that ammunition until 1970, as did Kynamco more recently and Bertram make brass.

Lot of loading information on Nitro-Expess Forum in the Mannlicher section.
Posted By: SKB Re: Westley Richards take-down mannlicher - 02/29/24 10:55 PM
The ring has a notch cut out in it and abuts the threaded lug for the front stock screw and is just silver soldered in place.
Posted By: mc Re: Westley Richards take-down mannlicher - 03/03/24 02:50 PM
What action is it built on ? Are the original threads removed from the action? So the barrel is fitted to the interrupted thread ring then fitted to action? I have never seen one before but I like it.
Posted By: SKB Re: Westley Richards take-down mannlicher - 03/03/24 02:54 PM
Built on the rotary action model 1910. The original threads are removed from the action. I believe the ring would be silver soldered to the action and then the barrel fit to it. More pics.

Posted By: CJF Re: Westley Richards take-down mannlicher - 03/04/24 01:43 PM
I have a WR martini in 300 Sherwood with that kind of takedown mechanism. I always wondered what kept that system from being more popular. It is super easy to use
Posted By: mc Re: Westley Richards take-down mannlicher - 03/04/24 11:21 PM
Not that easy to make.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com