doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: BIRDSHOOTER HELP IDENTIFY A GERMAN DRILLING - 10/30/11 10:24 PM
I HAVE A GERMAN GUILD GUN? 16X16X8X57R. IT IS A SCALLOPED BOX LOCK, GREENER STYLE SAFE, BARREL SELECTER ON TANG WHICH ALSO POPS UP REAR SIGHT, ACTION 100% ENGRAVED,BARRELS ENGRAVED ABOUT 3/4" UP, CARTRIDGE TRAP DOOR 100% ENGRAVED, SIDE CLIPS, KERSTEN 3rd FASTNER, HORN TRIGGER GUARD AND BUTTPLATE, SHADOW CHEEK PIECE ON NICELY FIGURED WOOD,LOTS OF 26-28? LPI CHECKERING, DEELY FOREND LATCH,EBONY FOREND TIP,KRUPP BARRELS AND A BUNCH OF MARKINGS, SLING SWIVELS. I WOULD RATE THIS GUN AT 95%-98%. WILL SOMEBODY HELP ME POST PICS. POST ME, I WILL ANSWER QUESTIONS. THANKS, JEFF
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: HELP IDENTIFY A GERMAN DRILLING - 10/30/11 10:44 PM
Ich spreche eine klein gewehr und Schrottflinted Deutsch-- list all the marks you can find and I will try to id them for you-- I have Stoeger's Shooter's Bible with several pages of German and Austrian proof marks- but complete photos would be best. Krupp Flustahl )Krupp Fluid Steel is most likely the most common marking on the barrel(s)-- might also read Krupp-Essen- Essen is the main location for the giant Krupp Steel mills in Germany.
Posted By: BIRDSHOOTER Re: HELP IDENTIFY A GERMAN DRILLING - 10/30/11 11:14 PM
RIFLE BARREL: FLAMING BOMB?, CAPITOL U WITH WITH 5 SIDED DIAMOND WITH CROSS ON TOP, 7'mm,57,N WITH CROWN OVER IT,St.m.G, 15gn,LOOKS LIKE A SIDEWAYS H, THEN FLUSSTAHL ESSEN OVER #532. shotgun barrels: LEFT BOMB AND 5 SIDED DIAMOND SAME AS RIFLE, 16 IN A ZERO, NITRO,FLUSSSTAHL,RIGHT BARREL KRUPP ESSEN, NITRO,RECEIVER: BOMB THEN 5 SIDED DIAMOND OVER U. WHAT YEAR SHOOTERS BIBLE? I HAVE SOME OLD ONES HERE TOO. THANKS, JEFF
Posted By: skeettx Re: HELP IDENTIFY A GERMAN DRILLING - 10/30/11 11:56 PM
PICTURES please
or PM them to me and I will post for you
Mike
Posted By: BIRDSHOOTER Re: HELP IDENTIFY A GERMAN DRILLING - 10/31/11 12:16 AM
MIKE, THANKS, I'LL TAKE YOU UP ON THAT. NOT SURE HOW TO DO THAT, MIGHT HAVE TO SEND THEM TO YOUR EMAIL. I HAVE TO HAVE A FRIEND TAKE PICS. I DON'T HAVE THE HANG OF USING MY DIGITAL YET. JEFF
Posted By: skeettx Re: HELP IDENTIFY A GERMAN DRILLING - 10/31/11 01:22 AM
PM sent with my email address
Look at the top of the screen at MY STUFF
Mike
Posted By: skeettx Re: HELP IDENTIFY A GERMAN DRILLING - 11/27/11 01:58 AM
Posted for WINGSHOOTER

Posted By: skeettx Re: HELP IDENTIFY A GERMAN DRILLING - 11/28/11 12:03 AM
Need a bit more clarity
Can you get one this clear?

Posted By: ellenbr Re: HELP IDENTIFY A GERMAN DRILLING - 11/28/11 12:24 AM
How about an image of the top strap & cocking indicators? It somewhat resembles a Greifeldt Model 531/532 being a triggerplate/Blitz action. It's post 1912 from Suhl and the 532 may be the date code of May 1932.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse
Posted By: BIRDSHOOTER Re: HELP IDENTIFY A GERMAN DRILLING - 11/28/11 04:07 PM
the pics. of my drilling posted by skeettx ( mike ) listed as wingshooter, i'm BIRDSHOOTER are the ones listed at the top of this thread as can you help identify this drilling.thanks,jeff
Posted By: steve white Re: HELP IDENTIFY A GERMAN DRILLING - 11/28/11 10:21 PM
You have three widely differing guns pictured. The bottom has belgian proofs, the middle french writing and the top germanic, but with no pics of the water table. More info, please...Steve
Posted By: Dave in Maine Re: HELP IDENTIFY A GERMAN DRILLING - 11/28/11 11:20 PM
I think the French and Belgian guns were posted as exemplars of how clear the post-er(s) would like the pics of the drilling's proofs to be.

All I can make out on the pics of the drilling is a "nitro" mark on the bottom of the RH shotgun barrel.

I'm dubious about what someone identified as a "flaming bomb" b/c that's both a US military mark (and therefore unlikely to be on a drilling looking like this one) and something that would set off alarm bells in ATF if one were to try importing (or bringing back) a gun bearing same. Might be a crown, which would be consonant with a pre-war German drilling.
Posted By: BIRDSHOOTER Re: HELP IDENTIFY A GERMAN DRILLING - 12/04/11 08:34 PM
dave, that someone is me. it is not a round bomb. i can't get a good pic of it. there is a crown on all 3 barrels. the bomb? shape is elongated and what i thought were flames wrap around the bottom half of it, kind of like a fanned out birds tail, going half way around. very easy to draw, hard to describe. i will be happy to answer any questions. i don't pretend to know anything about drillings, especially if they don't have a name on them. and yes the different flats were for what pics. should look like. thanks, jeff
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com