doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: MichaelJ Open House Photo's - 05/17/11 12:34 PM
Once again I wish to thank the GunMakers who gave so generously of themselves and their time.

Doug Turnbull, Risk Manson,Jim Bisio, Paul Lindke and sitting Jerry Fisher

Jerry showing a student how to make his stock better

Doug Showing proper use of a file

Paul Lindke and Jim Bisio talking to students.

I have many more photo's and if you would like I will post some more.

Michael J
Posted By: WJL Re: Open House Photo's - 05/17/11 02:04 PM
Please do
Posted By: MichaelJ Re: Open House Photo's - 05/17/11 02:33 PM

Turnbull guns

Lunch

Model 21 by Jim Bisio

Steve Bertrams work
Posted By: Wapiti Re: Open House Photo's - 05/19/11 12:01 AM
Nice to see the professionals giving back.

For the record, the person identified as Risk Manson is Rick Mason, who became an ACGG member stockmaker this year.

Good shooting.
Posted By: Glenn Fewless Re: Open House Photo's - 05/19/11 06:15 AM
Michael:

I am truly impressed with the effort and vision which you apply to your trade. Your students are most fortunate. The future of fine gunmaking will be the better for your efforts, and we thank you for it.

Most respectfully,

Glenn Fewless

Vice President
American Custom Gunmakers Guild
Posted By: MichaelJ Re: Open House Photo's - 05/19/11 02:27 PM
Wapiti you are right I hade just ordered a reamer from Dave and had his name on my mind.

Glenn thank you for the very kind words and if you ever venture this way please be sure to stop by.

Michael J
Posted By: SDH-MT Re: Open House Photo's - 05/23/11 09:15 PM
Jerry & Celeste Fisher stopped in Livingston for coffee today on their way home and we chatted for a couple of hours. Jerry told me he was shown a students "Finished" stock and was handed a file and turned loose. Apparently there were Lots of new wood chips on the floor when he quit... and the stock was no longer "finished" but more nearly completed.
Posted By: MichaelJ Re: Open House Photo's - 05/24/11 12:14 PM
Steve,
That is absolutely true and the "finished" stock was the students first attempt at making a stock. Jerry was kind enough to show him what he considered the way he would change it to look more complete or if you will more classic. The student was very pleased for the critiquing and has since gone about finishing the changes Jerry pointed out. All the students were happy to have the chance to see this and listen to Jerry's comments. As Jerry himself related he long ago destroyed his first stock to hide the evidence. It was great to have all these Guild Members spend time with the students and point them in the right direction. We are truly indebted to them.

Michael J
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com