doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Terry Buffum Custom barrels on .22 bolt actions - 02/02/09 12:05 AM
Has anyone seen an H M Pope or A W Peterson barrel on a bolt action .22, sporting or target?

I know Stevens Pope .22 Krags exist, although I've never actually seen one. I have Niedner on Springfield and Titherington on Winchester 52. I've seen Hubalek and Eric Johnson Winchester 52 and Remington 37. Pope and Peterson both made barrels late enough that the rifles should exist. Do they?
Posted By: whitey Re: Custom barrels on .22 bolt actions - 02/02/09 04:55 AM
Terry at one time I had M1 or 2 with a AW Peterson barrel. Put on by a gunsmith in Denver named Charlie Durham?? I also owned a double barrel rifle built by AW Peterson. Now my Grandson's.Long story. Whitey
PS there is still some of Peterson's stuff floating around Denver.
Posted By: Terry Buffum Re: Custom barrels on .22 bolt actions - 02/02/09 05:23 PM
I guess I'm diverting the thread, but it probably will drift back eventually.

Whitey, Please tell us about your Grandson's Peterson double rifle. Is it a conversion of a shotgun or did he build the action from scratch, hammer or hammerless, caliber, opening mechanism, sights etc. Do you happen to have a photo you can post?
Posted By: whitey Re: Custom barrels on .22 bolt actions - 02/02/09 06:05 PM
HI Terry I owned it for alot of years than gave it to my grandson. It has double hammers etc.Briefly the story was that he contracted with the state of Colo for 7. Then had a faling out with them and only delivered 3 and I had one and the rest.???
Michael has said he will help me post some pictures when some of the storms end in S Dak and my grand son can get some pictures. If you want any more info. Email me at whanson@plainstel.com
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com