doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Cary How Could It be More Classic? - 12/26/08 06:52 PM
I stole this from 24 Hour Campfire because I can'i imagine a more classic rifle- nor one with a more coloruful history. Hope everyone enjoys this as much as I have.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads...e/1#Post2637106
Posted By: Michael Petrov Re: How Could It be More Classic? - 12/26/08 09:26 PM
Great rifle with a lot of history.
Posted By: J.D.Steele Re: How Could It be More Classic? - 12/27/08 01:36 AM
Thanks for a real treat, the rifle and the owner! IMO the 9.3x62 is one of the 2 classic std-length Mauser calibers, along with the 7x57/275 Rigby. And please don't tell My Bride, but Osa Johnson is still my favorite pinup girl!
Regards, Joe
Posted By: eightbore Re: How Could It be More Classic? - 12/27/08 02:17 AM
Can we get a link to "Osa in the shower"?
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: How Could It be More Classic? - 12/28/08 01:28 PM
It must be nice to have "pocket change" to get something like this. Funny, from the pic he doesn't look like a billionaire. He must own several oil fields around Houston.
Posted By: Michael Petrov Re: How Could It be More Classic? - 12/28/08 07:19 PM
Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
It must be nice to have "pocket change" to get something like this. Funny, from the pic he doesn't look like a billionaire. He must own several oil fields around Houston.

Not that it matters but the rifle sold for what I thought was a very reasonable price. When my friend told me he was selling the rifle I even considered it myself. If it had been a American custom I might have tried for it. Yet another friend has her G&H.
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: How Could It be More Classic? - 12/29/08 12:05 AM
Last time I looked at .275 Rigby? or 7x57? English-finished bolt gun once owned by W.D.M. Bell it was listed at over $27,000. I would not consider that small amount of money.
Posted By: Michael Petrov Re: How Could It be More Classic? - 12/29/08 05:15 AM
I have no idea what the selling price was on the rifle but the asking price was less than 1/3 of the Bell rifle.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com