doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: ohiochuck Merkel Double Rifle Drilling - 11/24/23 12:57 AM
Anyone using a Merkel Double Rifle drilling such as the 961L, with a driven hunt trigger.?
Thanks!
Jim
Posted By: Fudd Re: Merkel Double Rifle Drilling - 11/24/23 02:26 AM
No, but now I wish I had a need to. Hadn't known that it existed. Very interesting piece of work.
Posted By: skeettx Re: Merkel Double Rifle Drilling - 11/24/23 03:47 AM
https://www.merkel-die-jagd.de/en/products/guns/db-dr-961l/
Posted By: Fudd Re: Merkel Double Rifle Drilling - 11/24/23 09:28 PM
Can you imagine that in .25-20 WCF or .38 Special over 28-gauge, choked Skeet? Walking a narrow trail in a densely-forested area crawling with spruce grouse, ruffed grouse, snowshoe hare, and the occasional cottontail? Well, I can, and my bankers will probably have me committed when they hear.
Posted By: cable Re: Merkel Double Rifle Drilling - 11/25/23 03:38 AM
Originally Posted by Fudd
Can you imagine that in .25-20 WCF or .38 Special over 28-gauge, choked Skeet? Walking a narrow trail in a densely-forested area crawling with spruce grouse, ruffed grouse, snowshoe hare, and the occasional cottontail? Well, I can, and my bankers will probably have me committed when they hear.

this is mine and is close to what you described. 28 gauge over .22 vierling [ similar to 22 hornet, uses 22 wcf cases] light weight and a pleasure to carry and shoot

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: AGS Re: Merkel Double Rifle Drilling - 11/26/23 04:57 AM
Originally Posted by Fudd

I can, but from their product description they apparently can't.
Posted By: Fudd Re: Merkel Double Rifle Drilling - 12/02/23 01:41 AM
Their custom shop suggests they can.

"Optional: Other calibers upon request"

Hrm.

"I'd like one chambered in .404 Bumblebee over a 32-gauge- 2-1/14" choked Extra -Extra Emew."

"We do not know these chamberings. Nor this constriction."

"I made them up. Ah, umm, I mean, they're wildcats. I'll send you my dimensions and expected pressures on a a cocktail napkin."

"It will take three years as we must orders special reamers, but, yes."
Posted By: old colonel Re: Merkel Double Rifle Drilling - 12/24/23 01:47 AM
What are “driven hunt triggers”?
Posted By: Parabola Re: Merkel Double Rifle Drilling - 01/14/24 02:29 PM
I remember at a Bonhams view a Heym .410 over a .22 Savage Hi-Power.

I thought what a delightful little gun for a stroll in the woods.

I picked it up (not that I could have afforded to bid for it).

It weighed 9 pounds!

I lowered it gently back into the rack.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com