doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Jim Haynes What happened to Double Gun Classics? - 04/18/08 05:29 PM
I have not been able to get onto their website to download recent issues of Double Gun Classics. The last one I have is June 2007. As a subscriber, I should have been notified if the web address changed. Can anyone update me? Jim Haynes
Jim, John has been trying to have a new website made. I don't know who he has doing it but I was told it would be done in November the first time and then January. Who knows if it will ever reappear. If I was paying someone to make me a website I'd be pi$$ed and get someone else.
Posted By: Drew Hause Re: What happened to Double Gun Classics? - 04/18/08 07:32 PM
Jim: I received this e-mail from John Campbell this week

To paraphrase the great Mark Twain, "reports of our death are greatly exaggerated." Indeed. Double Gun Classics NEVER died. It was just put into a coma by a lousy web company. We are now BACK, and ALL past and present issues are available in print from Cornell Publications at http://www.cornellpubs.com

Here they are
http://www.google.com/custom?domains=www...D%3A1&hl=en
Posted By: vh20 Re: What happened to Double Gun Classics? - 04/18/08 07:51 PM
So, how do we go about getting the issues we already paid for (2nd half of 2007)? I'm sure not going to pay 19.95 per issue for 3 issues I already paid for but never got.
Good question.
Posted By: battle Re: What happened to Double Gun Classics? - 04/18/08 11:11 PM
Geez.......you'd think he would let the subscriber know they are somewhere!
Posted By: Salopian Re: What happened to Double Gun Classics? - 04/19/08 07:12 AM
Bloody good ezine gone to the dogs.
Why can't someone pick up the threads and publish a similar thing? He had a refreshing style of writing and I used to look forward to reading each edition.I personally know he has loads of material for further additions.
Posted By: Recoil Rob Re: What happened to Double Gun Classics? - 04/19/08 12:45 PM
Can't understand why it takes so long to switch servers, custom guns are built in less time.... and now we have to pay for paper copies? something is amiss.
Posted By: Salopian Re: What happened to Double Gun Classics? - 04/19/08 05:48 PM
I can't see the back issues surfacing and the ezine being resuscitated.There would be nothing in it for Cornell then would there?
I do hope I am wrong.
Posted By: Recoil Rob Re: What happened to Double Gun Classics? - 04/19/08 11:10 PM
Was anyone ever able to download the last two issues (Jul/Aug 2007 & Sep/Oct2007) before the original website went down? I thought I had them all on disc but never got those two issues.

If someone has them would you mind sending me a copy of each?

Thanks, Rob
Posted By: Drew Hause Re: What happened to Double Gun Classics? - 04/19/08 11:19 PM
Rob: the last e-zine issue was May/June 2007. My understanding is that John plans to publish all 'missed' issues in the current Volume 3 collection through CornellPubs.
Posted By: Salopian Re: What happened to Double Gun Classics? - 04/20/08 06:22 AM
Excuse me Drew. But if people have validated subscriptions paid in full, and goods are available, as they appear to be.Should they not be made available online?
Obviously I realise that you Drew have no connection and you are only trying to be helpful, but I am also sure you are aware of the angle I am coming from.I think that nearly $20 an issue is a lot of money for little more than a bi-monthly gun magazine.
Of course my comments may be due to the grief and sense of loss I am suffering due to the loss of possibly one of the most interesting things that ever graced a webpage.
The hurt I feel from being duped so badly is only salved by realising what a little gem we have here at Doublegunshop.com and to make me realise how lucky we are to have Dave Weber.
This site is truely incredible.Where else can you access the knowledge provided 'FREE' by the likes of Ken Hurst, Barry Lee, Cockney Dave, et.al.
Mr. Weber, 'more power to your elbow'
Posted By: cadet Re: What happened to Double Gun Classics? - 04/22/08 03:04 AM
I liked it when it was excellent value as an electronic publication. It was innovative and unique. I really liked it.
I like it less that I may have to pay $20 for a single print copy. I hope it's going back into "print" as the excellent value ezine it was. I'll gladly pay for that, and offer my written contributions too.
RG
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com