doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: postoak Visting Norcross Georgia - 09/15/06 04:44 PM
I will be spending some time around Norcross Georgia next week, are there any interesting Gun shops I should visit ?

Also, my Mother’s people came from Georgia, after getting burned out during “Re-Construction” – are there any historical sites Y’all recommend?
Posted By: gt90 Re: Visting Norcross Georgia - 09/15/06 05:32 PM
If you're going to be in-town, in the Buckhead area, you might try Chuck's. Don't expect any bargains (rent is high in that part of town), but it's interesting. As for historical sites, Atlanta has always been willing to plow under its historic sites in the name of progress, but you might find the Kennesaw Mountain battlefield worth an afternoon.
Posted By: Cary Re: Visting Norcross Georgia - 09/16/06 12:58 PM
There's not a lot to see in Norcross and no Gun Shops to mention. Check out Confederama down town, Kennesaw Mt. and Big Shanty in Kennesaw itself. Might take a moment to learn Spanish before you come. Every day, it becomes more apparent I'm the last American here. Oh, oldtown Norcross hosts an outdoor concert at the park on Fridays. Last night a big band jazz theme. It's really pretty nice; 600 people sitting around in the grass enjoying whatever music is featured.

I won't have a day off for about two weeks but give me a call. We can probobly find a cup of coffee. 770 638 0623

Cary
Posted By: postoak Re: Visting Norcross Georgia - 09/16/06 02:26 PM
Mucho Mojados ? Sounds like home
Posted By: Cary Re: Visting Norcross Georgia - 09/16/06 09:19 PM
You'll fit right in. Better check out the Buford Hwy area, You're going to meet some mighty fine young ladies there.

Cary
Posted By: riflegunbuilder Re: Visting Norcross Georgia - 09/18/06 09:25 PM
Postoak, Franklins in Athens 45 min +/- may reward you with a project Parker. Failing that you will be hard pressed to find any interesting haunts. Gun show at ATL trade Center the W/E after next. Always a chance there.
Posted By: WDouglas Re: Visting Norcross Georgia - 09/18/06 10:12 PM
Chuck's Firearms is a good place to visit. It's just off Peachtree in Buckhead on 281 Buckhead Ave. Here's a link ... http://www.chucksfirearms.com/.

Also, Wolfcreek is a public skeet/trap range west of the Atlanta airport. They rent guns. They are closed on Friday and open Mon-Thur from 1 to dusk. They open Sat at 10AM and Sunday at 1PM. Here's a link.... http://www.claytargetsonline.com/club.php/426
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com