doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Longknife Rebrown damascus? - 02/13/24 05:57 PM
Does anyone on here rebrown a damascus SXS or know of anyone who does? Thanks, LK
Posted By: welder Re: Rebrown damascus? - 02/13/24 11:05 PM
Bill Graham at Nice Old Double Gunworks. 919-270-3014

He did a great job on some laminated Daly barrels for me!
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Rebrown damascus? - 02/13/24 11:21 PM
English gun?
Posted By: Longknife Re: Rebrown damascus? - 02/14/24 01:56 PM
Stanton. Yes an English gun, probably more of a laminated twist than the fancy Damascus. It has English proof marks.
Posted By: SKB Re: Rebrown damascus? - 02/14/24 02:15 PM
You might try Dustin(LeFusil on this sight).
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Rebrown damascus? - 02/14/24 04:19 PM
Some English laminate is very, very hard to get contrast on. I know from experience. You might be disappointed in how it turns out.

Not trying to dissuade you, just being transparent.
Posted By: J.B.Patton Re: Rebrown damascus? - 02/14/24 05:36 PM
I believe Bill Graham is quite backed up on current jobs. You may want to explore other avenues if you require work with less than a 7 or more month wait.
Bill’s abilities have resulted in demand that is proving difficult to meet, according to a recent email I received.
I would recommend calling him for further clarification.
Best Regards,
JBP
Posted By: KY Jon Re: Rebrown damascus? - 02/15/24 02:50 AM
Good smiths are in long term demand. Find one you like and get in line. I no longer even ask prices. And we have lost several good smiths in the last couple years so find one you can work well with and just make it work. If a smith has a seven month backlog you need him more than he needs you and you only get a seven month backlog if you do good work. True that some do better work, in some areas than others, but my experiences is at best I can find three good smiths for a job if I am lucky.
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: Rebrown damascus? - 02/15/24 03:15 PM
For whatever my experience is worth, Bill Graham does the best browning I've ever seen and his black and white is also the best. However he does not seem to like doing the black and white and has directed me to another guy for that...Geo
Posted By: Longknife Re: Rebrown damascus? - 02/19/24 02:39 PM
I want to thank everyone for their help, it is much appreciated!...LK
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com