doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Marks_21 Forend fix... - 01/25/24 08:25 PM
While this sounds very simple... I want to "first do no harm"
The ebony triangle fell out the forend of a pretty nice gun.
No harm in a little TItebond wood glue DIY , right?

I have welded springs and hammers and a variety of more invasive work...
I don't think I am a putz, but I didn't want to screw up an easy one.

Well, I generally am a putz but thats not the point...
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: Forend fix... - 01/25/24 08:29 PM
JB Weld. Put a clamp on it for 2 days. Good luck.
Posted By: SKB Re: Forend fix... - 01/25/24 09:36 PM
Clean the old glue off before you start and any excess off before it dries, you should be fine.
Posted By: rwarren Re: Forend fix... - 01/26/24 03:58 PM
If you are sure it’s ebony and not horn, Titebond or epoxy should work but if horn use the Titebond.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Forend fix... - 02/05/24 02:18 AM
Don't send it to a Gunsmurf to get it fixed.
Posted By: SKB Re: Forend fix... - 02/05/24 08:44 AM
Originally Posted by HomelessjOe
Don't send it to a Gunsmurf to get it fixed.

I would have thought you and billie were more the furrries type than into smurfs. No matter to me what you two do in his mother's basement , but please keep the lurid details to yourselves.
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: Forend fix... - 02/13/24 03:07 PM
Just wondering Mark's 21. I've been watching for the results, but............how did this turn out? What did you use? 🤔
Posted By: Marks_21 Re: Forend fix... - 02/13/24 05:50 PM
I appreciate the check in ... as easy as this sounds I haven't found the time.
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: Forend fix... - 02/14/24 03:00 PM
I don't want to dispute someone else but over the years I have had great success with JB Weld on just about anything. I used to repair inside mirrors on windshields that had failed attaching steel to the mirror adhesive. I glued two pieces of plastic together on the engine of my 1978 Chevy and they are still holding today. I recently have had the bullets on one of those plastic Sierra bullet display boards fail and I have reattached several of those which is copper coated bullets to plastic. And I also recently reattached the edging on my formula countertop and it is holding beautifully. I use JB Weld on just about everything and have never had it fail. I always clamp it for a couple days. But whatever you use good luck when you get around to it.
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: Forend fix... - 02/14/24 09:19 PM
I’ve glued a bunch of stuff with 3M 2216 structural adhesive over the years. I think it is superior to any glue or other epoxy I have ever used. Likely overkill for this application, but, if I have it on hand (always) it is what I use.

Best,
Ted
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com