doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Gitano LTB forend model 21 20ga mid 1930s skeet - 04/15/23 11:13 PM
A good friend of mine has a cracked M-21 skeet 20ga forend diagnosed as non repairable by two timber craftsman. They suggested find one in the bone piles. Any ides whom to contact or post to.
Thanks in advance
Norm
Just a "shot in the dark"-but as the late Brad Bachelder dealt in M21's- it is possible they might have a skeet forearm "in the pile" Parker B. would know. Good luck in your search. RWTF
Around the time Galazan was starting to make the Fox guns, I wanted a non beaver tail forend for a 16 ga Winchester 21 . Dick Parrot sent me a half dozen splinter forend to choose from. Maybe Galazan has something for you. I do have a beaver tail forend, inleted, but outside unshaped in good American walnut that might work. Email me . Email is in my Profile. Daryl
Non-repairable? In the 21st Century? Difficult to believe. Might cost more to fix than it's worth, but if it's only cracked ....

Just sayin'
Posted By: keith Re: LTB forend model 21 20ga mid 1930s skeet - 04/17/23 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by Wonko the Sane
Non-repairable? In the 21st Century? Difficult to believe. Might cost more to fix than it's worth, but if it's only cracked ....

Just sayin'

Never thought I'd ever agree with Dr. Wanker, but when I read the original post, I wished we could have seen a pic or two of the so-called non-repairable crack.
L
Originally Posted by Wonko the Sane

Just sayin'

Not everything that can be done, should be. Yes, I’d like to see it. But, I’ve given up on stocks that had multiple cracks running several ways in high stress areas.

New can be good. Good used can be good, too.

Best,
Ted
Ted, this isn't a "stock".
Originally Posted by eightbore
Ted, this isn't a "stock".

Have you seen a doctor about this?

Best,
Ted
Posted By: 12brd Re: LTB forend model 21 20ga mid 1930s skeet - 04/19/23 11:41 PM
Ive got an extra Mdl 21 forend. Very nice original condition. Beaver tail. Will need some measurements from yours to see if it matches up. Send me contact information.
20 gauge?
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com