doublegunshop.com - home
Slowly coming together! This is a little Scottish boxlock I picked up as one of SKB’s used, abused and ugly he had for sale two years ago. I absolutely fell in love with it. It has some sentimental value, Elgin is a place where the family name is found and this is the last gun used to hunt over our pointer before he passed. So naturally I couldn’t leave it as is. I took the plunge and had it recased after reading about it in the DIY forum. Mike Hunter was a contributor and what he wrote really clicked with me. So naturally I contacted him about re casing. I’m glad I did and took the plunge. The subtle blues and nice rich olive really appeals to me! Everything fits nice and tight! So thanks Mike Hunter Restorations! Just a few more small things to be done and she’ll be ready to hunt over our new pointer and makes even better memories!
Danny’s last hunt

New case colors

Very nice. Good luck.
Oh, I get it. The gun has not been screwed back together yet. Nice case color...Geo
Great job. Bobby

“Oh, I get it. The gun has not been screwed back together yet. Nice case color...Geo“

No not yet, I wanted to get it together to check the fit! Excited to get this one out on opening day!
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com