doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: 28 gauge shooter Duck season - 10/15/18 11:52 PM
Well, it's finally getting a little cooler and the weather forecast is calling for frost. Just in time, it's 5 days till duck season.
I can't wait for the sound of whistling wings and the smell of my empty shells. It brings me back to my first hunt picking up my spent shell and my father picking up my bird and me smelling my spent shell I was 8 and it seems like it was just yesterday typing this.
Good luck for all my fellow water fowlers

Rich
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Duck season - 10/16/18 01:02 AM
And to you, Rich. I know the anticipation, but I've got longer to wait than you!

SRH
Posted By: 12brd Re: Duck season - 10/16/18 02:21 AM
While chasing some quail today a flock of teal came by crossing from one wet spot to another. Dropped one at about 30 yds with the 16 ga RBL and the latest Kent bismuth. 1 oz 5's. Good stuff in my opinion. First duck of the season. 3 days till we leave for South Dakota.
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: Duck season - 10/16/18 03:01 AM
I've been out 6 or 7 times so far. Gotten a few.

This is from Saturday - Woodies were the predominate bird.

Posted By: Replacement Re: Duck season - 10/16/18 02:25 PM
We start Saturday. Supposed to be blue skies, 90 degrees and windy. Maybe the wind will keep the mosquitoes down.
Posted By: fallschirmjaeger Re: Duck season - 10/16/18 04:15 PM
Definite frost this morning heading out into the swamp in Western PA. A flight of mallards with apparently a few spoonies mixed in came into our spread.

© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com