doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: L. Brown Raimey or others: Belgian barrelmaker JF - 09/27/18 12:04 AM
Any other options for a Belgian gun made in 1926? Thanks.
Posted By: ellenbr Re: Raimey or others: Belgian barrelmaker JF - 09/27/18 12:08 AM
Jean Falla although he wasn't registered till 1930 or 1931. But I have seen several 1929 offerings w/ JF so he must have been working for Joseph Cap? I'll dig a bit.

Cheers,

Raimey
rse
'J.L.', 'J.F.', and 'J.F & C.' were marks used by Joseph Janssen, Janssen Frères & Janssen Fils & Cie
http://www.littlegun.be/arme%20belge/artisans%20identifies%20i%20j%20k/a%20janssen%20gb.htm

This Crown over JF is thought to be Jean Falla

Posted By: ellenbr Re: Raimey or others: Belgian barrelmaker JF - 09/27/18 01:01 AM
Did Janssen Frères or Janssen Fils roll any steel or convert any bar stock? Odd that the JFs appear in the same position as post 1931 JFs. Good idea on the steel type. So what type steel is noted and are there any Joseph Cap stamps?

Cheers,

Raimey
rse
Posted By: james-l Re: Raimey or others: Belgian barrelmaker JF - 09/27/18 01:04 AM
I have a set of replacement Parker barrels marked Armaf Dagun with JF in front of the flats. Drew has a photo of them in his stuff.
Thanks for the reminder James. the 'JF' is on the tubes just forward of the flats; 1954 lettre annale

Very busy and out of focus barrel marks, but another spangled JF

1935 Kaufmann Freres double rifle; 'MSA' Martin Siemens Acier / Siemens-Martin tubes by L. Lochet Habran, barrels by Jean Falla Ateliers (1931-1953)
This one is marked "Acier Comprime CAP J.F." No crown over the JF.
Posted By: ellenbr Re: Raimey or others: Belgian barrelmaker JF - 09/27/18 01:29 PM
Then yes Jean Falla per the advert above but not sure why pre-1931. Does the tubes also wear the Cap Eagle's head?

Cheers,
Raimey
rse
There is a 1923 by lettre annale Cap double here
http://www.littlegun.be/arme%20belge/artisans%20identifies%20c/a%20cap%20joseph%20gb.htm

Originally Posted By: ellenbr
Then yes Jean Falla per the advert above but not sure why pre-1931. Does the tubes also wear the Cap Eagle's head?

Cheers,
Raimey
rse

Immediately in front of the flats, there is JF with the two letters merged. The mark after that is somewhat indistinct, but could be the eagle's head. Then you have the text, running along the bottom of both tubes, as I described above.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com