doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Chuck H How about this one?g - 06/26/17 02:15 AM
Went back to Wisconsin for a few days. Talked dogs with a trainer. Looked at a dog. Put a plan together. I may have a new dog in February.

This little dog might be enough. We'll know after it's been to Texas quail camp.
Posted By: craigd Re: How about this one?g - 06/26/17 02:46 AM
Nice looker, no chance it'll be well on its way for this season? The general picture has the feel like the dogs may be out of show stock. If the Texas camp has that much weight in your decision, maybe contact them directly to see what other options there might be. Only thinking out loud, best of luck with it.
Posted By: Chuck H Re: How about this one?g - 06/26/17 03:01 AM
I don't think it's show stock. The sire was a grouse champ. I held the dog at heel while rick smith teased it with a pigeon. That little dog just about came out of her skin. Really intense prey drive. She should be a good quail dog if she is tough enough.
Posted By: Last Dollar Re: How about this one?g - 06/26/17 03:04 AM
Do you still have the English pointer you brought over to my place?
Posted By: gunut Re: How about this one?g - 06/26/17 03:17 AM
could use another pound or two.....
Posted By: Chuck H Re: How about this one?g - 06/26/17 03:19 AM
Chuck, yes, she's 8 now. This one is smaller yet.
Posted By: Last Dollar Re: How about this one?g - 06/26/17 10:19 PM
Nice! She showed a lot of promise when she was here..But she sure got cold...(so did I)...Stay well
Posted By: 67galaxie Re: How about this one?g - 06/27/17 03:21 AM
Hubba hubba
Posted By: Chuck H Re: How about this one?g - 06/27/17 01:43 PM
Originally Posted By: craigd
Nice looker, no chance it'll be well on its way for this season? The general picture has the feel like the dogs may be out of show stock. If the Texas camp has that much weight in your decision, maybe contact them directly to see what other options there might be. Only thinking out loud, best of luck with it.

Craig, it struck me why you may think it's a show dog. That picture was at a Rick Smith seminar. Those people in the background are doing lead work. I took the picture myself.
Posted By: Chuck H Re: How about this one?g - 06/27/17 01:45 PM
Originally Posted By: Last Dollar
Nice! She showed a lot of promise when she was here..But she sure got cold...(so did I)...Stay well

Chuck, she turned into a really great dog. She's getting a bit old now. Still hunts well, but she's slowing down in her old age...about like a GSP now. grin
Posted By: AmarilloMike Re: How about this one?g - 06/27/17 03:55 PM
I can attest to Sky's speed. I watched her flush all the pheasant out of 160 acres of prime Kansas habitat in less than three minutes, including taking a dump.
Posted By: Chuck H Re: How about this one?g - 06/27/17 04:31 PM
Originally Posted By: AmarilloMike
I can attest to Sky's speed. I watched her flush all the pheasant out of 160 acres of prime Kansas habitat in less than three minutes, including taking a dump.

...something no Brittany could do. grin
Posted By: wingshooter16 Re: How about this one?g - 06/27/17 05:48 PM

Now, I don't care who ya are- that's funny.

Mike
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: How about this one?g - 06/27/17 06:50 PM
"...something no Brittany could do."

Posted By: DoubleTake Re: How about this one?g - 06/27/17 07:50 PM
That girl looks like speed and power. I bet she'll be tough enough. Looks good!
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: How about this one?g - 06/27/17 09:14 PM
I was thinking pretty much the same thing...first time I saw my wife.

(Good looking dog)

Posted By: canvasback Re: How about this one?g - 06/27/17 09:45 PM

The best part is "including taking a dump'. I'll be chuckling for a couple hours tonight. Mostly because
I've watched one of my llewellins do the same thing.
Posted By: Last Dollar Re: How about this one?g - 06/27/17 10:11 PM
She moved so fast I couldn't even get a picture...I think it was Amarillo Mike who was taking the dump...
Posted By: Chuck H Re: How about this one?g - 06/27/17 10:42 PM
Originally Posted By: Last Dollar
She moved so fast I couldn't even get a picture...I think it was Amarillo Mike who was taking the dump...

A sight no one should see. Scared my dog halfway across the county.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com