doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: ed good CZ HAMMER GUN 30" - 04/20/16 02:14 PM
http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?i=730726

this looks interesting...anybody have experience with one of these?
Posted By: ed good Re: CZ HAMMER GUN 30" - 04/20/16 02:30 PM
http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=263024&page=1

oh well. maybe not so interesting after all?
Posted By: improved modified Re: CZ HAMMER GUN 30" - 04/20/16 05:11 PM
I have one, I gave it a gripectomy and had our own Mark Larson give it a grain enhancement, then Mark Dehaan gave it a trigger job and I must say, it kills birds well.
Posted By: LGF Re: CZ HAMMER GUN 30" - 04/21/16 03:47 AM
I bought one because the nearest skeet ranges require steel shot. Same as IM said: the triggers were very heavy, and the pistol grip was so tight that the trigger guard bashed my middle finger bady. Much better after a trigger job and converting to a PoW grip.I shoot it as well as I shoot anything.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: CZ HAMMER GUN 30" - 04/21/16 10:22 AM
How does the tang safety work ...... does it lock the hammer tumblers in the cocked position? Or does it just block the triggers from moving?

SRH
Posted By: L. Brown Re: CZ HAMMER GUN 30" - 04/21/16 12:10 PM
I used to shoot with a guy who had one. If you're looking for a modern hammergun that doesn't cost a bundle, I'd be more inclined to recommend a used Bernardelli.
Posted By: Last Dollar Re: CZ HAMMER GUN 30" - 04/21/16 01:11 PM
Snob Comment...I bought a CZ hammergun a few years ago for about 700.00...It has done yeoman service, lots of steel and other loads through it...Good value for money...
Posted By: arrieta2 Re: CZ HAMMER GUN 30" - 04/21/16 01:53 PM

Here are some specs from the one that I have in stock

CZ-Hammer Classic - 12 ga 30" choke tubes. Here is a really keen 12 ga. hammer gun. The nice thing about this gun is that you can easily shoot modern shells through it. It's even chambered for both 2 ¾" and 3" shells. The receiver has a case colored finish, which is very nicely done. Also, what's nice is that it has a top tang safety which you normally do not find on a hammer gun. Traditional double triggers, pistol grip stock, splinter forearm. This would make a fun sporting clays gun! New.
(1 ½ x 2 1/8 x 14 5/8 * 7 lb 9 oz)

Best

John Boyd
Posted By: JNW Re: CZ HAMMER GUN 30" - 04/22/16 12:49 AM
I got to shoot a CZ hammer gun when they first came out. Handled well, shot well and looked good. Don't know how they hold up, but CZ has an excellent reputation for standing behind their guns.
I'll buy all the $900, long barreled Bernardelli hammer guns you can find. The ones I've seen go from $2700 on up, most of them up.
I shoot a $400 Husqvarna hammer gun, so what do I know?
Regards,
Jeff
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com