doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: SWAMPMAN Huglu De Haan - 01/27/16 06:09 PM
Anybody have any experience with Huglu Shotguns from DeHaan? While my Steven's 311 is still my fowl weather mucky marsh gun of choice. I have come on one of these. It is a 12 gauge 3" with 6 choke tubes. It really has a nice piece of wood. I did find some information that indicated DeHaan bought Huglu guns and went through them then they were resold.
For the record I am not planning to replace my Elsies anytime soon. But I am just curious as to whether someone out there has first hand experience with one of these. The gun is very reasonable and in good condition.
Swampman
Posted By: Lloyd3 Re: Huglu De Haan - 01/27/16 06:44 PM
I owned a 20 that I liked well-enough. It seemed to be well-made. My only gripe was it's weight. It was a bit porky.
Posted By: improved modified Re: Huglu De Haan - 01/27/16 09:33 PM
Good guns.
Posted By: GMCS Re: Huglu De Haan - 01/27/16 11:08 PM
The guns have a good rep and can handle steel. A bit on the heavy side but that's an asset if your shooting heavy duck loads. De Hann guns were a bit upscale from the standard Hulu nicer wood and he took care of any triggers that were on the heavy side. If it was one of his custom orders the engraving was good also. Worth the money if want a good Turkish gun.
Posted By: GMCS Re: Huglu De Haan - 01/27/16 11:08 PM
The guns have a good rep and can handle steel. A bit on the heavy side but that's an asset if your shooting heavy duck loads. De Hann guns were a bit upscale from the standard Hulu nicer wood and he took care of any triggers that were on the heavy side. If it was one of his custom orders the engraving was good also. Worth the money if want a good Turkish gun.
Posted By: GaryW Re: Huglu De Haan - 01/28/16 02:21 AM
I have DeHaan S2's in 28 guage and 410 and have had no issues with either after 7 years. Excellent guns for the money at that time. Both weigh 6 lbs. 28 has 28" barrels, and the 410 has 30" barrels.
Posted By: ed good Re: Huglu De Haan - 01/28/16 06:39 AM
a bit gaudy for my taste...

not exactly your classic pre war look, don ja know...

but, definitely a step up from the cz branded turkish made gons...

but not as pleasing to the eye as the late s&w branded turk gons...
Posted By: Last Dollar Re: Huglu De Haan - 01/28/16 12:46 PM
Good value for money.....
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Huglu De Haan - 01/28/16 01:35 PM
Unless the price is substantially below that of a new one, I would look further and take note of the better Turkish gun today, IMO, the Dickinson. And ............. nicer looking, again IMO.

SRH
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com