doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Little Creek Parker repro triggers - 12/17/13 07:43 PM
Are Parker Reproduction triggers gold plated?
Posted By: OH Osthaus Re: Parker repro triggers - 12/17/13 08:06 PM
some were,

i do not think all were
Posted By: Brittany Man Re: Parker repro triggers - 12/17/13 08:48 PM
If we are talking about the Olin/Reagent Chemical guns the DHE & BHE reproductions that I have owned & seen did not have gold plated triggers.

The few A-1 Special reproductions that I have seen did have gold plated triggers.

Some special order guns were produced so I suppose anything is possible.
Posted By: Wild Skies Re: Parker repro triggers - 12/17/13 10:24 PM
Every DHE Parker Repro that I've seen initially have had some type of brass plating applied to the trigger(s) that didn't hold up well, most eventually turn silver colored. Every A-1 Special Repro that I've seen the trigger(s) have been gold plated. I'm not sure about the BHE's, but they appear to have been gold plated, too.
Posted By: J O'Neill Re: Parker repro triggers - 12/17/13 11:14 PM
My DHE 28 ga Repro has brassy, as opposed to gold, finished triggers, as Wild Skies says above.
Posted By: Daryl Hallquist Re: Parker repro triggers - 12/17/13 11:23 PM
I have 3 of the DHEs in different gauges. All have silver colored triggers.
Posted By: Little Creek Re: Parker repro triggers - 12/18/13 02:49 AM
Thanks for the response. Mine had a gold color which was probably a colored wash from the sound of responses here. This was a point of discussion with a fellow repro owner yesterday. No matter now, as I converted mine to double (silver colored) triggers.

Happy Holidays, all!

Mike
Posted By: L. Brown Re: Parker repro triggers - 12/18/13 12:23 PM
I don't know that all DHE Repros started with some type of brass-like coloring on the triggers which then faded. Could be . . . the case colors certainly fade! But I can think of at least one other subtle difference in the guns: Some have the "Parker Reproduction" in a cartouche on the rib; on others, it's on the barrel. So I wouldn't rule out the possibility that some triggers started out silver, others gold-ish.
Posted By: Wild Skies Re: Parker repro triggers - 12/18/13 12:43 PM
Originally Posted By: L. Brown
I don't know that all DHE Repros started with some type of brass-like coloring on the triggers which then faded. Could be . . . the case colors certainly fade! But I can think of at least one other subtle difference in the guns: Some have the "Parker Reproduction" in a cartouche on the rib; on others, it's on the barrel. So I wouldn't rule out the possibility that some triggers started out silver, others gold-ish.

All case colors fade, but I doubt that you have ever seen a 28-ga. Repro with the inscription on its rib, or have you?
Posted By: L. Brown Re: Parker repro triggers - 12/18/13 11:53 PM
28ga . . . I'm not sure. Repros in general with the cartouche on the rib: definitely.

Looking at a bunch of Repros on gunsinternational, it would appear that the only ones with the cartouche on the rib are the 12's. At least I did not see any 20's or 28's so marked.
Posted By: Wild Skies Re: Parker repro triggers - 12/19/13 12:54 AM
There are plenty of 12's and 20's out there with the rib inscription, but no 28's have been found---at least to my knowledge. If anyone out there has or had one we'd like to hear about it, please report in.
Posted By: L. Brown Re: Parker repro triggers - 12/19/13 11:59 AM
Looked at quite a few 20's on GI--did not find any with the cartouche. There were not a lot of 12's, but all the ones I looked at showing that portion of the rib had it.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com