doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: darrr wm. moore double gun - 07/06/12 01:51 AM
I am looking for replacement hammers and firing pins to complete a Wm. Moore double barrel 12 gauge. It is a Belgian knockoff from the early 1900's. Just a wall hanger but my great grandfathers. I want to try to put it back together. The internet gun parts resources ran dry on this make. Any suggestions?
Posted By: Replacement Re: wm. moore double gun - 07/06/12 01:56 AM
eBay. Lots of odd parts, including a pair of hammers that I saw a couple of days ago.
Posted By: darrr Re: wm. moore double gun - 07/06/12 01:59 AM
Thanks, I'll look.
Posted By: justin Re: wm. moore double gun - 07/06/12 11:30 AM
Darr,pins will be made for the gun cost about $125. Hammers can be. Bought and fitted but that's a whole lot more. Give a call to your local Brit gunsmith
Posted By: James M Re: wm. moore double gun - 07/06/12 02:48 PM
I'd suggest you try Dixie Gun Works. I haven't looked recently but they did carry an extensive stock of hammers.
Jim
Posted By: radar Re: wm. moore double gun - 07/06/12 10:05 PM
Thanks everyone, Dixie has hammers but the wrong shape. Mine is more curved and strikes the pin at a slight angle. I will check local gun shows for parts.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: wm. moore double gun - 07/06/12 10:33 PM
radar,

There is an English part supplier that stocks literally scores of different hammers for doubles. His name escapes me, but is something like Blackaby, or Blackley, or some such. Maybe one of our English cousins will remember the name and provide contact info.

SRH
Posted By: Franc Otte Re: wm. moore double gun - 07/07/12 12:58 AM
Radar...Yes its William Blackley, & Peter Dyson is a kind of similar outfit,I believe...both in England...I remember they both had a good few different style hammers.
Is one Hammer missing & your trying to find a match?
I guess you could put on two new ones if you can't?
But if its just a hanger, you might not need pins...
hope you find your wants
cheers
franc
Posted By: radar Re: wm. moore double gun - 07/07/12 02:16 AM
Yes guys, I am missing the left hammer. It is a hanger so you are right about the pins. Thanks for the info, I will check with the hammer lead!
Your forum here has a lot of respect from the online double gun enthusiasts!
radar
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com