doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Flatwoods GC Checkering Tools..?? - 03/27/12 04:00 PM
I have been looking all over the Internet for the Brownells Checkering Tool. Are any that have the open see Thur handle. Does anyone have any idea were I could find them. I currently have Dembart Checkering Tools of all sizes but would like to have a better handle. Plus what I have read on here and other places, say the Brownells are better? Thanks for any help and advise Keith
Posted By: Ithaca5E Re: Checkering Tools..?? - 03/27/12 04:13 PM
It seems a nice idea, but I've gotten to the point where I feel it is more important to see where you are going rather than where you have been. It might be my style of short strokes. Too, if you run a wheel off the road, so to speak, you can usually feel it before you see it
Posted By: MEE Re: Checkering Tools..?? - 03/27/12 04:14 PM
It looks like Brownell's does not have them any more in the latest catalog. There is currently a set of five on flea bay.
Posted By: mark Re: Checkering Tools..?? - 03/27/12 04:48 PM
I have been ordering direct from W.E. Brownell Tools in San Diego,CA 858-695-2479.

It's been a while.

Besides the full view benifit the tools are also adjustable for the angle of the cutter to the handle.

Good Luck
Posted By: Flatwoods GC Re: Checkering Tools..?? - 03/27/12 08:30 PM
The set on flea bay are close to 150.00 with 3 days to go. Thanks for the information. If anyone else thinks are knows were I can find just a handle that would work also. I like the fact that you can also change the angle. Thanks Keith
Posted By: Flatwoods GC Re: Checkering Tools..?? - 03/27/12 08:50 PM
Just called the number provided and he is going to ship a couple of handles. Thanks Very Much!
Posted By: bbman3 Re: Checkering Tools..?? - 03/28/12 12:58 AM
Keith,they are the way to go and yes they are adjustable. Bobby
Posted By: KY Jon Re: Checkering Tools..?? - 03/29/12 02:19 AM
$366.00 for five full view handles and two border tools. Can you say auction fever. That total package might have been $125.00 when new. The full view handles sell for $15-25.00 on average on Ebay. Not for 70.00 each. I wish I could contact the second place bidder. I could sell him a even dozen at that price. By the end of the auction they might be $400.00. Two bidders out of control.
Posted By: bbman3 Re: Checkering Tools..?? - 03/29/12 02:25 AM
May be solid gold! Bobby
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com