doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Ballistix999 WC Parsons Barrel Browning. - 03/10/12 09:30 AM
This gun has a nasty, shellac, kind of finish. It looks nice and shiny but it just isn’t right for how it would have looked when built. So I’ve decided to put it right. I haven’t done much work recently but I got up this morning and the sun was shining and it did need it’s 3rd carding and applying of solutions! Because I’ve been ill the browning had been on a couple of days and it’s actually worked out in my favour with the twist starting to show out.

It's only an old laminated twist I know, but it's coming out now, hopefully I can do it justice.

T

Posted By: Roy Australia Re: WC Parsons Barrel Browning. - 03/10/12 09:42 AM
Was there meant to be a picture Tony?
Posted By: Ballistix999 Re: WC Parsons Barrel Browning. - 03/10/12 10:12 AM
Can't see them?
Posted By: Roy Australia Re: WC Parsons Barrel Browning. - 03/10/12 10:29 AM
Oh Wow! now I can!
Posted By: Pre-13 LC Coll Re: WC Parsons Barrel Browning. - 03/10/12 12:29 PM
Beautiful work as always Tony.
Posted By: Philbert Re: WC Parsons Barrel Browning. - 03/10/12 12:55 PM
Looking good Tony. Very theraputic as well!

Phil
Posted By: tunes Re: WC Parsons Barrel Browning. - 03/10/12 01:28 PM
very cool pattern.

Tony, I'm happy to see you up and at 'em.

tunes
Posted By: lagopus Re: WC Parsons Barrel Browning. - 03/10/12 01:52 PM
Looks good Tony. There is a thread on at the moment on single barrel English guns so maybe they would like to see the rest of her. I did a single 20 bore up recently for browning and found that the barrel had originally been on a muzzle loader as I could find the brazing marks where the ramrod pipes had been when I struck it up. Lagopus.....
Posted By: Ballistix999 Re: WC Parsons Barrel Browning. - 03/11/12 09:38 AM
Interesting Lap. Will look at the thread. This is quite an interesting gun underneath. Off to apply another coat, the sun is out, and I'm feeling remarkably energetic, well in context. smile

T
Posted By: Dave in Maine Re: WC Parsons Barrel Browning. - 03/11/12 01:34 PM
Good to hear you're feelng well. Doing work can only help.

Best.
Posted By: GLS Re: WC Parsons Barrel Browning. - 03/11/12 03:10 PM
Wow! The barrels look as if made from polished granite or marble...
Posted By: Ballistix999 Re: WC Parsons Barrel Browning. - 03/13/12 11:46 AM
Hi guys, here's a little update. Two more coats and it's on it's last one now I think. Just trying to get the contrast right to show the twist. It can often go too dark so I use 0000 fine wire wool to take out the dark patches and get a uniform as possible contrast right across the barrels.

Cheers
T

© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com